chapter 6

*Steven's flash back*

"Steven take your little brother outside on his bike" his mother yelled from the kitchen "do I have to I need to practice for the next football game?" " yes you do" his mother replied giving him the glare "fine lets go Chris" "yay" his little brother cheered as he headed for the door with his blue bike. "be sure he stays away from the street" his mother yelled "ok" Steven said closing the door behind him "stay on the side walk I'll watch you from here"

he said practicing with the football "hey Steven" a gentle voice said from behind him " what's up Darcy" he said with a smile across his face. "I see your practicing for the big game Friday " yeah coach wants me to win the game" he said "well I'm sure a strong guy like you can handle it" she said rubbing his arms Steven drops the football and starts kissing Darcy she giggles as he picks her up in the air and spins her around.

AHHHHH!!!!! screams coming from the street OH MY GOD IS HE DEAD!!!!! as I turn and look all I see is blood I run over to where the accident happened I couldn't make out who it was all I saw was all I saw was a persons face on the ground. then I turn and look to see a blue bike mashed against the curb "oh god......it.....can't............Chris" my mother runs out to see her little son hit "MY BABY BOY CHRIS!!!!" as I stood there frozen I'm pushed aside by ambulance people they rush him on a stretcher and take him to the hospital.

*5 minutes later*

we arrive at the hospital

"how is he doctor is he going to be ok" my mother said frantic "he's got broken ribs and a fractured skull tears begin to fall from her eyes "can we see him?" I ask "yes" the doctor led us to his room

"Chris baby can you hear me sweetie?" my mother said patting his head "you should have been watching him" she snapped 'mom I'm sorry....I" I reply "save it you put your little brother in the hospital".

"mommy" a weak voice came out "oh my god are you ok sweetie" my mother said "my head hurts what happen?" he asked confused "it's my fault Chris I should have been watching you but I was to stupid" as the tears rolled off my chin "I'm sorry".

"I love you big bro" Chris said with his voice growing weaker and weaker as he spoke the monitor made the sound of "beep-beep-beep but then the beep grew slower beep......beep.....beep

then it just stopped "no" my mother said shacking her head "NO!!!" "DOCTOR COME HERE QUICK!!!!" as he burst through the door and quickly checked his pulse and told the nurse to get out the automated external defibrillator as they tried to bring him back they couldn't and he died that night in the hospital.

*flashback ended*

"that son of a bitch killed my little boy" his mother said crying "I didn't mean to" he replied trying to explain "don't believe him he's a liar he's been nothing but hell for his father and I" she said " as soon as he turns eighteen he's out of my house" she snapped " but please listen to your son he cares so much about you he's asking for your help he needs you" I say trying to calm her down.

"well I don't need him he ruined everything with this family it would be better off if he just disappeared" silence filled the room as for me I stood there stunned to her what came out of his mothers mouth Steven got up and walked out I called for him to wait but I could see that he just needed to be alone.

Stevens POV: "my mother's right maybe I am better off to disappear all I do is mess things up for people" as I walked pass a bridge all I saw was freedom maybe if I jump I won't hurt anymore people I especially don't want to hurt Layla it's for the best.

" as I gathered my stuff heading for the door I looked back and said to his mother "your a horrible mother" and slammed the door shut

"where's Steven I hope he's ok I mean he wouldn't try to do anything would he?" my heart began to race as I started sprinting down the street "STEVEN WHERE ARE YOU!!!"