chapter 13

A few days has passed since everything that happened at the hospital Steven has gotten a lot better from his injuries they even say he can leave in a week or so I go to the hospital everyday to see him we sit a talk about what to do about his mom taking him to court and everything it's so shocking his own mother will want to see her own son behind bars. We haven't even really talked about the wedding since he purposed to me I know he loves me and when this is all over we're going to have the biggest wedding ever.

"baby what are you going to say when your on the stand you know your mom is going to chew you out" I say not sounding so confident " I don't know all I know is that I loved my little brother and I wouldn't do anything to hurt him" he replied. I smiled and kissed him "well is there anything about your mom that can help us with this case" I asked he should his head as we sat and think of ways to win in court in walled lele.

"hiiii!!!! guys!!!" her loud voice echoed the room " hey girl what's up" I say with a smile approaching for a hug " I'm good I feel like I haven't seen you in forever" she said hugging me tightly "hey Steven how are you feeling" she said " I had better day's" he smiled " so do you think we should tell her the special news" he said smiling at me " what news? what's going on yall better start talking she said sounding angry "well" I said sounding scared for my life. Steven and I are getting married" lele's face dropped as I showed her the diamond ring on my finger she started screaming AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH "shhhhhhh" I say trying to quit her down "no you waited this long to tell me you were getting married!!!!!"

she said screaming her head off " I'm sorry you know I wouldn't hide things from you" I say "in fact I was going to ask you to be my maid of honor" I say smiling "of course I will your my best friend ever there's so much to do you need a dress, flowers, a caterer, a wedding hall" she continued for the next 20 minutes Steven and I just laughed how excited she was. and then the nurse walked in "I'm sorry visiting hours are over today" the nurse then left the room " well baby I got to get going but I will be back tomorrow I love you" I said " I love you too" Steven said he grabbed me by my waist pulling me in and kissed me his tongue explored my mouth and then we heard " excuse me lets keep it pg you too"

lele said we laughed and said our goodbyes as we left the room we saw a strange man approaching Steven's room he was all dressed in a suit and tie he looked professional as we passed him and turned the corner we went back and peaked in the room "what are you doing here" Steven said sounding angry

"I got a call from my job saying you were in the hospital what the hell happened to you" he asked concerned "this doesn't concern you just go back to your busy life" he said "your my son of course it concerns me" he replied "after all this time now you want to be apart of my life screw you!!!" now shouting " look I know I haven't been the best father to you but you know that I was only trying to protect you" he said "you don't know the hell I been through ever since you left, mom has been treating me like shit she tells me everyday that it's my fault Chris died and now she's taking me to court"

now sounding scared Stevens father color on his face quickly changed "what is it?" Steven asked "your mother is taking you to court because of the trust fund" he said "what trust fund?" Steven asked sounding confused "when you and Chris were born we made a account for the both of you for college and now that Chris is no longer alive it's all in your name and once you turn 18 it will be yours but if there's any illegal acts it will be voided and sent back to the account in your mothers name" he finally said " how much money is it?" Steven asked "300,000 dollars so no matter what you have to win this case" he said  " will you help me?" he Steven asked " of course I will your my son and I love you and don't let anyone or your mother tell you other wise.