3: mystery person

wednesday ¬ january 27, 2016

Everyone eventually gave up on the rumour of Ella Rose's return once the clock turned to 3:00 p.m. on January 22nd, a Friday. They all expected her to come back and make her appearance that week, and being a no-show on the last day of that week, everyone was convinced that it was just a stupid rumour, and Ella Rose would remain a myth.

But one thing Shawn knew about Ella that the other must have forgotten is that she never wanted to do the expected, and Shawn was convinced that maybe this was one of those times. He assumed that maybe Ella knew people were expecting her that week, and so she didn't show up. Instead, she'll make her appearance when people least expect her to.

For the past week and a half, Shawn has been feeling a pinch of anxiety bubble in his stomach. His heart pounded violently every single day since he heard the rumour—from the moment he walked into school until the last bell of the day rung (and that was when he would be calm).

But today, Shawn was positive Ella wasn't coming, and that she was never to be seen again. It was already third block (the block before lunch), and he hasn't heard her name bounce from one mouth to another, nor has he seen a huge crowd of people surrounding (that's what Shawn imagined the students to do if Ella actually did show).

"So, I hope all of you brought your homework this time, and I'm expecting to see that all of you actually did it, considering the fact that I gave you an extra day to do it because of what happened last class." The Physics teacher, Mr. Angelo, said as he eyed the abundance of students in his class, who were all guilty of not finishing their homework on time, thus forcing Mr. Angelo to give them an extra day to work on it. "Alright, everyone pass your papers to the front and I'll collect-"

Interrupting Mr. Angelo, the classroom door opened, revealing the school's principal, Miss Bennet. Following behind Miss Bennet was a person who wore a hood over his (or her) head so no one could identify who the person was. All eyes were on the new kid, and no one dared to speak as Mr. Angelo and Miss Bennet had a conversation. The new kid looked at the ground, hands tucked in the pockets of the hoodie.

"You got it?" Miss Bennet finished and Mr. Angelo nodded. Miss Bennet nodded back before making her way to the door, and before she left the classroom, she briefly said to the new kid, with a smile on her face, "Good to have you back. And for heaven's sakes, you know the rules take off that hood!"

Everyone had heard the principal, and at that moment, everyone had the same conjecture. Ella Rose—the mystery, the myth everyone knew and talked about—has returned.

-

i want to make the chapters short because i want this book to have lots of chapters. lol, does that even make sense?