New Homes and Late Nights.

(Amber's POV)

When Joe starts driving I'm nervous. I don't really know what to expect. I worry about everything, but this is the start of my new life.

I start to panic. I can feel my throat tightening, my breathing getting louder, and quicker. I can't cope.

"Are you ok?"

"No Caspar. please help"

Joe swerves and stops in the hard shoulder of the motorway. Caspar jumps out and opens the back door. He kneels by the door while Joe turns off the engine and gets out.

"Amber, what's wrong? Please tell us." Caspar is relentless.

"Caspar get out the way. I know what to do cause of Zoe's panic attacks."

Caspar moves and Joe kneels next to me.

"I want you to keep calm and look at me. Ok? Concentrate on breathing and nothing else."

I do what he says. After 5 minutes I'm calm.

"Honey, do you want me to sit in the back with you?"

"Yeah thanks Caspar. Why the 'honey'?"

"Cause it's cute, like you."

"Softie!"

Caspar climbs into the back with me. Joe starts the engine and we're back on the road. I snuggle into Caspar to feel the warmth and protection that he gives, just like my dad.

I think about my parents, I can't really remember them much. I know that they went to prison for murder, but nothing else. I don't know how long their sentence was because I had already run away with James.

(3 hours later)

We pull up at Joe and Caspar's flat. My new home.