Dizziness.

(One week later)

(Amber's POV)

Joe went to see Caspar everyday. He says that he's better. On Thursday he went to replace the window in the flat. He came back that day and said everything was cleared and secure now.

We're staying at Zoe's for another week, in case Caspar feels ill again.

At 9 I watch a movie with Zoe and Alfie. It's really good. Half way through I feel dizzy. Nothing major.

When the movies finished I go upstairs to Zoe and Alfie's room. I'm sharing with Alfie because he insisted. I feel safe next to him. He's a good Uncle. Joe and Caspar share the twin bedroom, while Zoe sleeps in the Guestroom with the double bed.

I start to feel dizzy again. Ow. It hurts. I grab my forehead as I hear ringing in my ears.

Alfie is saying something to me but I don't know what. I'm glad I'm sitting on the bed because I think I would've fallen over. I slowly start to lie back on the bed, Alfie must see this because I feel his hands on my back. I close my eyes. After 2 minutes or so it's gone.

"Amber, I'll go get the others, are you ok?"

"No I'm fine don't get the others. They're busy enough with Casp."

"As long as you alright."

"Night Alfie."

I close my eyes.

I get up the next morning and feel a lot better. Me and Zoe mess around making breakfast for Caspar, so he eats.

Just before tea I go upstairs to go to the toilet. I walk over to the toilet door and feel dizzy again. This time I'm standing up. I hold onto the door frame but let go to hold my head. My other hand goes to my ear. Oww. The ringing is loud which cuts through the silence of the house. The world lurches to one side and I fall and hit my head on the side of the door frame. I can't scream. My head pounds as I feel warm liquid trickle down my face.

10 minutes later I hear footsteps. They sound deafening from the ground and the impact makes me shudder.

"Oh my..."

Caspar runs back downstairs. I can't hear what they're saying but it's loud. The pounding starts again as more people come up the stairs.

"What happened? I'm taking you to the hospital."

"Alfie. Alfie."

"She wants Alfie. Amber wants Alfie. Zoe where's Alfie?"

"I'll get him he's outside."

More pounding. A few seconds later it happens again. Zoe and Alfie appear. He kneels down beside me.

"Tell them."

"After you're ok."

He picks me up and carries me to the bedroom.

"Alfie. Take her to the car. She needs to go to the hospital!"

"We need to calm her down first."

Joe sits down on the bed along with Caspar.

"It's ok honey. You'll be ok. Me and Caspar won't hurt you anymore, we'll look after you again properly."

"I'm not going to the hospital Joe."

"Yes you are Amber. It's for your own good."

"No," I start crying. "Please don't make me."

"Fine. We'll give you some rest."

They walk out and start whispering. That's odd. Oh well.

They can't make me go to the hospital. I think of Caspar, pale, thin, the gloss on his eyes. I'm never going back to the hospital.

Zoe comes back and gives Alfie a bowl of water and a flannel to clean my cut with. She doesn't like blood.

When it's clean Alfie goes and Zoe comes in. We talk for a while. I always feel relaxed around her. At 9 everyone comes in. They all give me a kiss and say good night.

I only hear one pair of feet walking down the stairs.

The door opens and Joe, Caspar and Alfie walk in. Alfie's holding a needle and syringe, used in hospitals. I try to scream out but Caspar covers my mouth. Joe pins me down so Alfie can get a clear shot.

"I.. I can't do it."

"What?"

"She's too innocent."

"Give it here."

Joe grabs the needle and plunges it into my arm. I stare at Alfie.

"I'm sorry Amber."

Black.