Secrets and jealousy.

(Amber's POV)

We say our goodbyes and head off and to the flat. Everything has been cleared away from the break in.

We order in Pizza for Caspar and unpack our stuff. When I've nearly done, Joe and Caspar walk in.

"Amber, we've been meaning to talk to you."

I sit cross legged on my bed and Caspar comes and sits next to me, Joe the other side.

"We know your secret, the one you told Alfie."

"But we want to know why you trust Alfie more than us?"

"I..I don't."

"You're lying Amber."

"Look. Through all this, Alfie has always been there, he doesn't run away or have fights with Zoe. He has a protection like Caspar does. Whenever you hug him you feel safe, that he wants you to be there. Whereas sometimes when I'm with you I feel like I'm in the way of you."

"I'm sorry you've been through a lot before you came here, and now all this. We should be better parents."

"Don't cry. Please."

I wipe away Joe's tears. He's older than Caspar but he always seems to cry at stuff. Like me then.

"I love you two."

"I love you too Amber."

But Caspar didn't say it back. Does that mean he doesn't love me?

(Caspar's POV)

I love Amber, I really do but it's a big step from just being roommates having a child. Joe hasn't been himself since we found Amber, he's been more protecting of her. Only when he's not slapping her. I still hate him for that.

Me, Joe and Amber are in town just buying some food when Amber stops dead in her tracks.

"Amber, are you ok?"

"Yeah. Can we go back now?

"I'll take her back."

"Thanks Casp."

(Amber's POV)

We're all in town when I recognise two people, oh my God. I stop walking.

"Amber, are you ok?"

"Yeah. Can we go back now?"

"I'll take her back."

"Thanks Casp."

We start walking, I look behind me to see them following.

"Caspar, I really need the toilet, can we run?"

"Yeah that's fine. We'll keep our exercise up!"

We run back, I turn to look behind me and I don't think I can see them. We get back to the flat.

"I'll leave the door unlocked for Joe!"

"Ok."

I pretend to go to the toilet for a few minutes, then walk back upstairs.

A/n Sorry for the short chapter! Ps. I'm not trying to make Joe the bad character in the story!