Videos and Shouting.

(Joe's POV)

I walk into Amber's room to see her and Caspar cuddled up together, asleep. They look so cute. I walk out and shut the door quietly and go into my room. I turn the camera on and start talking.

"Hey guys, so today is actually a serious video. A lot of things have changed in the Jasapr household. We found a girl called Amber being attacked on the street so we saved her. We took her to hospital to find she had broken her ankle. We also found she had been living on the street, neither me or Caspar could leave her in care. So we adopted her. She stayed at Zoe's for a month while her ankle healed. When she came back to ours we fixed her up the spare bedroom, we like to think that we looked after her. We still are. But tonight something terrible happened. Me and Caspar went out for a drink at the pub and we left Amber at home for 4 hours. In that time someone broke in and smashed everything, and in the process handcuffed Amber to the stair banister. We came in and found the key unlocked her and we couldn't do anything. Caspar and Amber are now asleep in the bedroom but I don't know who to blame. Amber should've done something but she's only 12. Bye."

I turn off the camera and crawl I into bed. Instantly I know that I won't sleep. It's going to be a long night.

(Caspar's POV)

I wake up. I see Amber right in front of me. She's curled up in a ball with her mouth by my neck. I can feel her breathing lightly. I hear Joe in his bedroom.

"I don't know who to blame. Amber should've done something but she's ok only 12. Bye."

Why is he blaming Amber? Oh my god. I shuffle out, taking care not to awaken Amber and run into Joe's room.

"HOW COULD YOU BLAME AMBER SHE DID NOTHING WRONG!"

"Go away Caspar."

"NO! YOU CAN'T BLAME HER! YOU'RE SO STUPID SOMETIMES!"

"GO AWAY CASPAR!"

"WHAT YOU JUST DID WAS UNFORGIVABLE! I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE I'M SHARING A FLAT WITH SUCH AN IGNORANT MAN!"

"FINE. I'LL LEAVE THEN!"

"YEAH. LEAVE!"

He gets up from his bed and walks out slamming the door as he goes. I hear a faint slamming of the door upstairs and then a minute later his car screech. I walk over to his bed and sit on it. What have I done?

(Amber's POV)

I wake up to shouting.

"WHAT YOU JUST DID WAS UNFORGIVABLE! I CAN'T EVEN BELEIVE I'M SHARING A FLAT WITH SUCH AN IGNORANT MAN!"

Caspar. What IS he doing?

"FINE I'LL LEAVE THEN!"

Please don't tell me I'm hearing this.

"YEAH. LEAVE!"

No. Please. No.

Oh my god. What's happening? I start crying. The clock says 3:47. Joe walks past my room and up the stairs. I hear the door slam and the car screech away. I get up and walk into Joe's room. I see Caspar sitting on the edge of Joe's bed. Crying. I walk over to him.

"It's Ok Casp. He'll come back."

"He won't. I know him. I'm scared Amber."

"Ssh. It's ok. Come on lie down."

He does what I say and crawls into Joe's bed. I sit on the edge and stroke his hair. He closes his eyes for a few minutes and then opens them, looking straight at me.

"Why are you still here?"

"Because I care about you Caspar, you saved me. So I'm going to save you, and Joe."

"You can't save us now."

"I can at least try."

I climb into Joe's bed and hold out my arms. He does the same and we huddle together. I can't help feeling a warmth for him. Would Joe do the same?

I wake up and look at the clock. 11:28. My eyes travel to the bedside table where I see Joe's phone. Why? We can't even try and find him now.

I get out of the bed, trying not to wake Caspar. I got into his room to find his phone on his bedside table. I grab it and type in his password. I find contacts and search Zoe. It comes up with Zoe and her phone number. I go upstairs and look around. Mayhem. I walk back downstairs, not wanting to deal with it. I go into the bathroom and lock the door. I press dial.

"Hello? Caspar?"

"Zoe it's Amber. Do you know where Joe is?"

"Yeah he's with me. Why?"

I explain everything to her.

"Oh my God. I didn't even know. Tell Caspar to come over."

"Um ok. I'll try. I'll ring you back if there are any problems."

"Ok bye!"

I end the call.

I walk back into Joe's bedroom where Caspar is still asleep.

"Caspar? Wake up!"

I shake him till he opens his eyes.

"What?"

"We're going over to Zoe's to sort this out."

Within 15 minutes we leave the flat. I start to get nervous in the car. What if Joe doesn't want to talk? What if Zoe's lying to us? What if... What if...

We get there at 4 after some traffic jams and a KFC stop. I knock on the door.

"Hi Amber, Hey Caspar! He's sleeping at the moment."

We walk in and take our shoes off. Caspar starts walking straight in the direction of the guest bedroom.

"Caspar. Don't go in yet. He's still really annoyed at you."

"I'll go."

"Amber, you don't need to get caught up in this."

"Yes I do Caspar, you're all my family, it's my right to be involved."

I walk into the guest bedroom to see Joe sitting in the same clothes he was wearing last night.

"Leave."

"Joe, please, I'm not here to blame anyone or anything, I just want you two to be happy again."

"Stop talking."

I nod. He sounds angry and inpatient.

"If you and Caspar don't get out of this house right now I'll never come back."

"Joe please."

I fall to the floor as my tears sting my eyes. My knees digging into the carpet. The world goes blurry. I can faintly see Joe get up and walk over to me. I see his hand by my face as the impact of the slap registers with my brain. I scream and fall sideways onto the carpet, my head softly bangs into fur.

I watch Joe as he walks out the room.