Chapter 2

On the busy street in front of her office, she waved her arm for a cab. Three yellow cabs passed with no one inside and didn't even slow down. Why was it always so hard to hail a cab in new york she wondered! 

"I'll get us one" he said and winked.

He raised his arm and the first cab they saw pulled over to the curb. He opened the door for her so she could first get in. 

"Where to?" the old cab driver asked.

"The Givenchy store at 710 Madison Avenue please" Amelia replied.

Jake sat in the cab all rigid, his hands were in his lap and his back was all stiff, he looked a little uncomfortable. He stared out of the window as they sped along the busy streets.

"You ok?" she asked genuinely concerned.

"Yes fine, I've never been styled before or ever owned a designer suit."

She laughed out loud, he quickly turned and gave her a stern look. She felt awful for laughing and tried to make him feel better.

"Oh, it will be fine, Vince is so lovely at the store and we will get the fitting over with quickly."

Jake didn't respond to her, instead he turned and looked out the window again.

Had she really upset him that much by giggling at his nervousness. They continued the journey in silence.

The cab pulled over in front of the store. The building was a favourite that Amelia liked to visit, it was always a pleasure to see Vince too.

Vince saw Amelia enter with Jake by her side and came straight over, he gave her a quick peck on the cheek and smiled.

"Well hello miss Amelia, how are you gorgeous and who is this fine gentleman?" Vince asked while he stared at Jake.

Jake didn't say anything and still looked very uncomfortable and nervous. She saw that he was clenching his fists and his eyes were darting around the store quickly.

"I'd like you to meet Jake Worthington, he is who we are styling today" she replied.  

"Well, this is going to be fun, you have quite a nice phasic" Vince said.

Jake was not impressed and said "Ok lets get on with it then."

Vince smiled at Jake and grabbed him by the arm while Amelia followed behind. Vince led them into a private room and grabbed a tape measure and began measuring him up to see what size he was.

"I will go and grab a few suits for you to try and then we will accessorise, would you like some water, tea or coffee while I gather everything?"

"No thanks" he replied.

"I'm fine Vince" Amelia replied and sat down on one of the chairs in the room.

Jake and Amelia found themselves alone waiting for Vince. Soft piano music was playing in the background.

"This music is annoying" Jake said. 

"I'm used to it, all the stores play this type of music." 

"So are you excited about tonight" she asked trying to make conversation.

"Yes and no, I've never done anything like this before, I feel a little uncomfortable actually and am worried that I am going to have an anxiety attack." "Last week at a media conference I freaked a little and my agent had a fit that Im not coping well with the media" he said. 

She noticed that his blue eyes changed when he talked and she remembered that morning at the coffee shop of how he had mesmerised her. Suddenly her face when red and she couldn't speak because she was daydreaming of being with him at the premiere. She pinched herself hard on her hand to concentrate, so she could respond.