Chapter 7

The walk to work seemed longer than usual that morning. She knew that Sophie would not be impressed that she hadn't put much effort in her outfit that morning. She had thrown on some black ripped jeans with a white shirt and some black ballet shoes. She didn't feel like doing her hair so she had tied it up in a loose ponytail.

"Hello Amelia" said Sophie as she watched her enter the office.

"We have so much to go through." "Oh, hows your niece?" she genuinely asked.

Amelia quickly glanced at the mirror behind Sophie, she couldn't look her in the eyes while she lied. "Much better thanks and sorry I was away yesterday."

"That's fine dear, but the show does go on." "We have Kirsty coming this morning to be fitted for her premiere tomorrow and Sarah has asked for us to accompany her on the magazine shoot this afternoon."

Amelia remembered about Kirsty, but it had slipped her mind that they were attending the magazine shoot with Sarah. She was not looking forward to having to work with her again.

"You need to get the accessories together for Kirsty's outfits, I organised them yesterday."

Amelia made her way to the the dressing room, where the three dresses hung ready for Kirsty to try. One was a blood red Givenchy off the shoulder one, a metalic gold Alexander Wang and a classic black Dior one.

"Amelia, Kirsty has just buzzed she will upstairs in a few minutes, please get her into the dresses quick smart" Sophie said while she walked towards her office.

Amelia made her way to the door, when she opened it Kirsty was standing there about to knock. She was a tall lanky girl with short brown pixie hair. The features on her face were prominent, especially her cheekbones. She had natural big lips and hazel eyes with long lashes. She was not gorgeous but pretty. Amelia really liked Kirsty, she was different to other stars. She wasn't the usual starlet or diva at all.

"Hello Amelia" Kirsty said with a big smile.

"Hello Kirsty" she said and gave her a quick hug.

"How are you? Its been a few weeks since we have seen you" Amelia said as Kirsty followed her to the dressing room.

"I'm really good, I've actually met someone" she replied and showed Amelia her hand. On it was a huge solitaire diamond, it looked like it was at least two carats.

"Congratulations" Amelia said.

"So who is the lucky man?" "I didn't know you were seeing anyone?"

"His name is James Hamilton, he is a director and we have been seeing each other now for a few months" she said and looked into space with a mushy look all over her face.

"Well I'm really happy for you Kirsty, he is a lucky man" Amelia replied genuinely.

"Ok these are the three dresses Sophie picked out for you, lets get them on you and see which one looks the best."

They tried on the dresses and it was the black Dior one that looked amazing on her tall thin body. Amelia accessorised her with some diamond solitaire earrings to match her new engagement ring and some metallic gold pointy shoes.

"Ok I think we are all good, you happy with the look?" Amelia asked.

"Yes of course, as always you know what's best" she laughed.

They could hear from afar Sophie's heels clicking along the floorboards.

"Well hello dear" Sophie said and gave Kirsty a peck on the cheek.

"Wow, what's that on your finger?" she asked.

"Yes, Im engaged, and it's to James Hamilton."

"James Hamilton, wow you have done well, he is that famous director, isn't he the director of your current film?" Sophie asked.