Chapter 1

I am moving from Newhome Ontario, to Vancouver Island. My dad got a job in Salmon Creek, Salmon creek has less than 200 people and all of the land in own by St.Cloud corporation. Salmon creek is in the middle of nowhere and every one nows each other. I hope everyone doesn't hate me I thought.

We are in the car and we pulled up into the driveway of a pretty big house. Like all of the houses its own by St. Clouds no matter what your job is just big enough to fit you family comfortably. There's me im 16, my brother is 14, my step brother, my little sister is 7, my dad and my step mom. We also have a spotted cat, her name is Eco.

"Where here," my dad said, then he said more quietly "finally."

I smiled and got out of the van and walked up to the front door. I smelled the air and it smelled like sweet pin and the dew.

"Come and help reload the van," my dad yelled, I groaned.

***********************************************************

It took a while but we finally unloaded the car and the moving van came and we unloaded the it to. I'll set up my room later right now I going for a walk the best part about living in Salmon Creek is that the tinny little town is surrounded by bush, and I love it.

I walked into the kitchen and saw dad unpacking the kitchen stuff.

"Hey dad im going to go for a walk. I'll set up my room later," I said and started to go to the back door.

"Kay don't be long though," he said not looking up. I walked to the back door and walked out side. The yard was pretty big and then thare was bush, I smiled to myself. And I ran into the undergrowth. As I ran I could hear the pine needles crunching under my feet.

I stoped myself when I reached a small clearing the sun shown through the tree tops, I smelled the coming rain. I walked into the middle of the clearing, layed down and closed my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard a twig snap, and I sat up fully alert. In front of me was a cougar its blue eyes stared into me, he wasn't in a attack position and I relaxed. I slowly got up, and stared back I looked at his paws to see his claws weren't out.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you," I said slowly putting my hand out in a high five position. I slowly walked forward and put my hand onto his soft head. He didn't push away but moved closer and rubed his head against my arm. "I like you to." I said almost purring. Some people would be surprised by that he would just walk up to me but it is a gift I have always have. Then I herd my mom calling.

"Sorry I have to go," I said to the cougar I started to run the way I came I soon got to the house and whent inside. Looks like dad heated up the frozen pizza. I grabed a plate and whent into my room, my bed was already set up and I sat on it. I ate the pizza and before I new it I was sound asleep.

How did you like it? : )