Chapter 13

I follow King William once again to his office numbly. I couldn’t comprehend what had just occurred. Me? The next Queen? That was just absurd! I didn’t know how to be a queen for the whole werewolf species. I didn’t have the training to do that. This was just incomprehensible to everyone, not just me. I vaguely saw my surroundings as I sat opposite the king in his desk. My mind was going in and out of focus and I couldn’t wrap my head around it. This has got to be a prank or a lesson for Colton to correct his behaviour in the least. I can’t be queen, I just can’t . . .

‘Ciara?!’ the kings voice exclaimed loudly echoing in the room. I flinched back to the present. ‘You okay?’ he asks worriedly.

‘Y-Yea, I think, . . . I . . .’ he sighed softly to himself before addressing me.

‘Look I know that this is a lot to take but I feel it is the right thing to do. You are the right person to lead our people. Colton is not ready or capable to put his need aside and listen to his subjects. You are the next queen and that is that. I am not going to change my mind.’ he said with conviction. I saw in his eyes that he really truly meant it. I am going to become the next queen.

My breath quickened, and I felt myself hyperventilating. ‘I-I CAN’T BE QUEEN.’ I cried hysterically ‘I don’t have the training, or . . . or the knowledge. I have no idea to be one. Are you insane to even think I could be . . . do . . .’ I lost my words in my jumbled up mind.

He chuckled, at me panic attack or what I don’t know but he did. He was chuckling with a small grin plastered on his face and shaking his head ever so slowly. ‘This is not normal procedure to have someone other than my heir to take over the crown, so you will be going through training with me and my mate to become a worthy queen. But I know you will do fine and in the next month you will take an exam I guess you could say to show if your ability of a leader.’ As he finished his explanation the door opened. I swivelled in my seat to see that the guy who got my blood on my hand walk in with a younger version of himself. The both grinned at me when they saw me and came to stand next to me. The guard who got blood on me, I really need to learn his name, bowed at the king and then stuck his hand out to me. I got up grasping his hand.

‘Hello’ he said politely but a grin still on his mug and excitement in his voice.

‘Hi’ I reply amused, ‘Oh, I never got your name.’

‘Hank. I’m the kings pack fighter and personal guard.’

‘Right yea now I remember. We actually were introduced.’ Oops! My bad.

‘Yea, this is my son Seth.’ He pushed his son forward and I finally looked at their features. They looked exactly the same but Hank you could see is older. They have dark almost black hair, green eyes and Seth has specs of red in them, angular faces, straight nose and well-built bodies. They were just bigger than my dad’s built and he’s a head taller than me. Though they were big you could see that they were soft at heart. Seth looked familiar though, like I had seen him before. He was that guy . . . at the chess game who actually knew how to play.

‘Hey you’re that chess guy.’ I said in recollection pointing at him.

‘Yea that’s me’ he laughed relaxed with that grin appearing on his face.

‘Nice to meet you . . . properly’ I chuckled with him

‘Yea, I’ve been really excited to meet you’ he admitted. He laughed nervously rubbing his neck at his bluntness, embarrassed I think.

‘Well thanks. You’re so cute.’ I smiled at him biting my lip.

He grinned at my words seeming to like it. It was really cute when that happened, not many men would like to be called cute but he took it with pride. It gave him a sense of confidence and endearment. He was proud of himself and his eyes showed so much warmth and care that I felt something bubbling inside me. We were just staring at each other with smiles on our face. The more we stared the more I felt that bubbling build until butterflies erupted in my stomach causing me to shiver. It didn’t go unnoticed by him since his eyes darkened in the slightest it was barely noticeable. My wolf stirred as well trying to come out, but I stopped her. Then she had the audacity to block me and ‘do’ something. What could she actually do when she was in my mind! Stupid wolf!