Chapter 17

Blinking my eyes rapidly to drive the sleep away a bit, I rolled and stared up at the ceiling. With all that happened yesterday from Seth meeting my parents to finding out Casey is really ‘Maria’ the spy and that amazing kiss from Seth, I just felt drained of energy. I didn’t want to get up and face another day, because I know that today is the day where everything is revealed.

Sigh, ‘Gotta get up eventually’ I muttered to myself before getting up and heading for the shower.

Once I finished I put on some casual brown tights with some flat boots, a plain blue shirt and a green and white letterman jacket that came to my waist. I left my hair down letting it air dry before going to get something to eat.

I met up with Steph, Levi, Uncle Harv and dad just outside our pack quarters.

‘Did you’ll wait for me or something?’ I asked amused raising an eyebrow.

‘Yea baby girl. You’re the last one up and we thought you might like some company!’ dad shrugged.

‘And beside you have soo much to tell me girl. I mean how long you have known Seth was your second chance mate, and you two look so cute together. I like him, waaaaaaay more than that stupid idiot Colton . . .’

‘Okay Steph. How about you take a breath and calm down or I’m not telling you anything!’ I could see her getting worked up and ready to explode, but from getting some details or because she doesn’t Colton I’m not really sure. She can be so unpredictable sometimes.

‘Okay I’m calm now. So are you going to tell me?’ she beamed at me hopeful.

‘I don’t really want to know about that Steph. So if you will kindly talk when I’m not around that would be much appreciated.’ Dad said glowering as we’re walking.

‘Same here! That’s our baby you’re talking about. I don’t want to hear about her and her mate.’ Uncle Harv said glowering just like dad. You could hardly tell them apart when they did the exact same thing. It was freaky!

‘Haha . . . Okay then, we’ll talk later!’ that last part was aimed at me.

I just smiled at her chuckling. We were nearing the hall doors when I heard a commotion from behind it. There was someone shouting and growling and others talking and cheering. What the hell!?

Pushing open the huge door I saw a wide circle in the middle of everyone, the tables moved – more like thrown – to the sides and everyone eager to see what’s going to happen. Pushing my way through the crowd with the others following along closely I could vaguely hear voices snarling at each other.

‘. . . mine and I will have her. I’m her true mate and we will be together.’ Colton snarled

‘She doesn’t want you, or, are you just to blind to see that. You lost her the day of the ball. The first day you met because all you wanted was the crown.’ Seth? Snarled back.

I got to the inner ring of the crowd then and saw Colton growling at him shaking badly on the spot. ‘She is mine. I’m her rightful mate and I will have her and the crown! Even if I have to kill you to get it!’ and he charged at Seth.

Seth stood there waiting but I wasn’t about to let Colton touch him so when he was a foot away I moved faster than anyone saw and blocked the punched aimed right at Seth’s face.

Everyone froze for a minute, and it turned eerily quiet. I stood there in front of a shocked Colton with my jaw clenched and eyes blazing. My hold tightened on his hand slowly as I continued to glare into his eyes. He winced in pain but couldn’t look away from me.

‘Never and I mean NEVER! touch what is mine! You will not lay a hand on my mate do you understand me. Last time we en-counted each other I said I would kill you. You have no idea how much I want to. How every fibre of my being says to kill you where you stand! But I won’t, not because you mean anything to me but because I have to think of my new status. As future queen I have to think about what’s best for my people and no one wants a queen who kills mercilessly. However’ I tightened even more making him fall to his knees. ‘I will not have you threatening my mate or any others. I know I do not have the authority to do anything to you now but if so much as look at Seth or anyone else badly’ I leaned down to whisper in his ear, ‘I will feed you to the rogues.’