Chapter 2: "Realization"

Chapter2!

Everyone in our village gathered around and took in the sight of the boy from the sky. He was not big or tall, he looked harmless and that's when I thought maybe we were the monsters to them.

Anya appeared and gave the orders to lock him up until a plan has been made. They took him away and I knew he wouldn't make it the night with that wound untreated.

"Anya, what are we going to do with him?" Lincoln approached her after seeing the look on my face.

"He will be questioned, if he does not answer ... he will die" She said about to turn away and take her warriors inside.

"Wait!" Lincoln spoke up. Anya stopped and looked at him questioningly. "What if we use him for bait... to get to the leader of there people?" He suggested. I watched Anya contemplate the idea before she turned and nodded to one of her men.

"I can tend to the prisoner." I stepped forward. "Leave the warriors for the more important jobs, let me keep him alive, otherwise he's useless to us" I told her hoping it would look like I was following orders.

"Let it be done. As soon as first light returns, we bring him back to the sky people so we can defeat them once and for all" Anya yelled.

I turned to Lincoln, giving him a look of gratitude for what he had done... he simply nodded. I quickly rushed to the where to prisoner was being held. I prepared the medicine to treat his wound before I went and knelt down by his still body.

His breathing was uneven and his skin was cold and damp. I gently placed my hand on his forehead to check for warmth when his eyes slightly opened. I pulled my hand away a little nervous being so close to him.

He looked me in the eyes for a few moments before drifting back to sleep. I immediately started to treat his wound, covering the large wounded flesh with natural hurbs and healing properties. It would keep him alive and help prevent further damage. He whimpered once or twice but once I was done he seemed so sleep comfortably, I couldn't help but watch him sleep.

"Yous don't seem dangerous at all..." I whispered before I left.

I quickly grab my gear from my tent and made my way out of the camp when his voice stops me.

"Don't do it, Anya will kill you if she finds out" Lincoln warns me.

I turn and look at him "Then don't let her find out" I say and begin running into the forest and back to the camp of the skypeople.

The sun is high in the sky as I arrive to my usual watching spot. All of the sky people are gathered and discussing how to retrieve the boy who was speared, I learned his name was Jasper.

The light haired one, Clarke approached Bellamy after he finished tending to Octavias leg. I couldn't hear too much of what they said but Bellamy raised his shirt exposing a chiseled chest and some sort of black weapon I have never seen before.

A few minutes after; Clarke, Bellamy, Murphy and Wells set out to find Jasper. I followed close behind but enough not to be seen.

"Hey hold up! What's the rush? No one survives a spear to the chest" Bellamy spoke to Clarke.

"Put the gun away Bellamy" Wells said protectively.

"Why don't you do something about it?" Murphy shoved Wells back.

I noticed a lot of challenging authority between these people, they didn't listen to just one person... it was strange and at times chaotic.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he would have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste" She began to turn away when Bellamy grabbed her wrist.