Chapter 13 "War"

Chapter13:

I stepped out of Bellamy's tent, I stood with my pack, my weapons and Bellamy's hand holding mine. He watched everyone gathering there belongings, anything valuable and needed to survive. They were scared and I could see it, we were all scared... even Bellamy. I watched him watch our people... I knew how much he wanted to help them. I took a look at everything and it all seemed to slow down. The people that were frantically moving about the camp to bring with them whatever they could carry, it was hard to believe this once felt like a home to me.

Then we heard her screams again ... Ravens. Clarke was tending to her gun shot would, thanks to Murphy.

"We have to carry her" Clarke said.

"The hell you will, I'm good to go" Raven said about to stand up, I always like the fighter side of her, she was extremely strong.

"That bullet is still inside of you, until we get somewhere safe you are not walking, do you understand me?" Clarke told her and she nodded.

"I'll get the stretcher" Finn said moving quickly.

"Can't run away fast enough can you? Real Brave" Bellamy said and I turned giving him a stern look. Finn turned back and walked up to him.

"Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave Bellamy, it's stupid." Finn said.

"Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight" Bellamy said not backing down.

"That's enough!" I yelled, moving in between them. Then turning to Bellamy and pushing him back with my hands pressed to his chest.

"It's time to go... "Clarke said.

"And if they follow? It's a 120 mile walk to the ocean" Bellamy said. He was really stuck on the fact that these people weren't listening to him.. it hurt his pride and that hurt me. I knew he has grown into an amazing leader.

"Look were wasting time! If he wants to stay, he can stay" Finn said storming out.

"No he can't" Clarke shouted after him and when he was gone she turned to Bellamy ... "We can't do this without you ... either of you" She said letting her eyes land on me. I nodded but looped my hand with Bellamy's to show her I went where he went.

"What do you want me to say Clarke?" He looked down at her.

"I want you to say that your with us... those kids out there, they look up to you..." She said.

"They're lining up out there... they listen to you more" he said walking past her, and pulling me with him.

"She gave them an easy choice you know ... live. But 5 seconds ago they were willing to fight and die for you... that means something" I told him still walking.

We watched as Clarke came to lead everyone out of the camp for the last time. Bellamy and I were the last to head out.

"You did good here, Bel" I told him.

"18 dead." He replied.

"82 alive" I smirked. He grabbed a bucket of water and put out the final fire before we followed everyone else. It was bittersweet leaving the place that I discovered my destiny in.

There was small chatter throughout the group... I was keeping alert and constantly looking around us ... If I knew anything, I knew at least one person had to be watching us at all times. Suddenly the crowd stopped, and we were all just standing in the middle of the woods.

"What's happening?" Raven asks.

"Grounders!" Jasper yells and as everyone runs back I see one of our own, on the ground with an axe in his face.