Chapter 12: "Balance"

Chapter12!

I was traveling through the tree's jumping from branch to branch. Bellamy was out doing a patrol and I wanted to test his readiness. It was a tactic used in my village to prepare all the young ones, to train them. I had remembered when my father and my trainer would do it to me. Bellamy had a straight face, his weapon tucked away in the band of his pants. I dropped down and he was behind the trees, slowly getting closer and closer to him. I was almost directly behind him when he brought out his knife and swung back at me, I dodged it and giggled.

"Your getting better... " I said but he didn't seem too impressed.

"I asked you not to do that" he said, giving me a stern yet flirtacious look.

"Are you going to ask the grounders not to do that, because it's what they do. I want you to be ready, that's all" I told him and I knew he was scared. He feared the outcome of a war between us and the grounders... I could tell by how his body tensed and he avoided looking at me.

"Hey" I told him holding his arms and forcing him to look at me. "Don't worry so much ... we've all been working hard" I told him.

"But what if it's not enough?" He asked calmly. "What if I fail everybody?" He asks and I look at him with sorrowful eyes.

"They won't stop fighting, you know that... they have tribes to call on and warriors that fight til the death... but they don't have a leader like you... and that is what will carry everybody, that is what will push everyone to fight..." I said reaching up to kiss him. Kissing Bellamy was something I enjoyed doing quite often... now that we had explained our feelings to one another ... he was someone I liked declaring my affecion too, and he never opposed to any of it.

"Your good at that" he said bringing his arms around me.

"At this" I said kissing his neck and collorbone gently.

"Not just that ... your good at keeping me calm and motivated... this is scary for all of us, but when you talk to me... I feel like theres a good chance we can win" he says.

"There is... you just have to be the one they want to follow" I said holding his hand and finishing his patrol with him.

"Do you think I'm doing the right thing ... keeping everyone working while Finn, Clarke and Monty are still out there?" He asks me. I knew it wasn't an easy decision for him to make... and I knew it devastated Raven and Jasper.

"It was a tough call ... we don't know for sure if there okay ...but they are our friends" I told him.

"So you don't agree with me" he said letting out a sigh.

"I support your decision ... but they our people Bellamy" I said to him. "Just make sure it's the right choice" I tell him.

I was walking through the camp giving everyone water when Jasper came up to me.

"Please tell me your trying to talk some sense into him, we can't just leave them, there our friends." He said to me.

"He's made his decision, He knows how you all feel about it ... I tried" I told him.

"Try harder ... for Finn, Clarke ... and Monty" he begged me.

"I don't like it any more than you do ... but Bellamy has a point, the grounders are coming" I say.

"If you won't talk to him, I will" He said storming off towards the drop ship where Bellamy was. I waited a few minutes because I knew exactly what would happen. As I expected Bellamy came out of the drop ship looking very frustrated. I walked over giving him a sympathetic look.