Chapter 2: "Afraid"

Chapter3! "Afraid"

I woke up in the trees. Once I had actually entered the camp I realized that I didn't have a place to sleep, that would be something I could do today. I climbed down before anyone coud see me and decided to go get some water. I found a bucket and went back to the gate.

The river wasn't far from camp so I figured I wouldn't need a weapon. I filled the bucket and splashed my face a few times. It felt amazing as the cold water tingled my face. I stared at my reflection once more, I smiled at how I resembled my mother. She never wore grounder makeup.

"That's the second time I've caught you out of camp" a hand fell on my shoulder. My instincts took over and I twisted the mans arm almost breaking it until I realized it was Bellamy.

"Hey! Hey!" he yelled, now annoyed.

"I'm sorry, you snuck up on me. I was defending myself" I said standing and putting some distance between us.

"Why aren't you at camp?" He said with authority.

"I was getting some water" I answered, holding up the bucket. He looked at it and then to me.

"We need help back inside the camp, only patrol leaves inside. Is that clear?" He asked raising his chest. I looked at him and couldn't help crack a smile, Anya was never that forgiving or nice.

"What?" He said with some anger.

"Nothing. Your a good leader" I told him and walked back to camp. Bellamy followed me back to the camp and we walked past a few faces I recognized along with plenty more new faces.

"Bellamy, people are scared" one boy approached him "And that dying kid isn't helping" They discussed a few more things but I was more focused on Jasper. I wanted to check up on him.

"You" Bellamy called out to me.

"My name is Selene" I told him, keeping some strength in my voice and he looked at me.

"Well, Selene ... can we get some water before we head out? Someone has to do the hunting around here" Murphy stepped in. He looked my body up and down and smirked. I didn't take it too well.

"And that somebody is you?" I challenged which caused a few "ooh's" from the other boys.

"Are you gonna do it?" He said throwing his knife, but it only bounced off the tree and fell to the ground. I chuckled.

"Not like that you are ... your throwing it wrong" I told him handing the water to one of the other guys and picking up him knife. I made it seem like I was going to give it back but instead I flipped my hair in his face, turned and threw the knife myself, and it stuck. I turned and smiled. I looked at the other guys and they smiled too, even Bellamy did as he watched me.

"Maybe we should take her with us instead" Bellamy joked, poking fun at the guy named Murphy.

"Lucky shot" Murphy said under his breath, instantly not taking a liking to me.

"If you say so" I told him, handing it back and making my way to the drop ship. I approached there huge ship, it was like nothing I had ever seen before. I felt it with my hands and it was smoothe and cold, almost like a blade. I stepped inside and was amazed how huge it was on the inside. I noticed some people inside were staring at me so I continued walking in, I followed Jaspers screams and they led higher up, so I climbed up the ladder and came face to face with Clarke and Finn. They both looked at me confused.

"Sorry, I heard his screams and wondered if yous needed any help?" I lied.

"Not unless your a miracle worker..." Clarke half smiled. "I haven't seen you around before, I'm clarke" She said.