chapter 16 - Remember the Titans

Outfits in the external link

THEN

From 8.14 "Trial and Error", on Fizzles' Folly, in the main compartment, Kevin was sitting at the table. Dean, Ness, Sam, Catty and Sabrina were standing nearby.

Kevin stood. "I figured out how to close the Gates of Hell. Basically, God built a series of tests, and when you've done all three, you can slam the Gates."

From 8.14 "Trial and Error", in the Cassity House, Ness and Dean were standing together.

"I need you to be safe," Ness told him. "I'm not trying to get myself killed here, Dean. I'm gonna gonna give it everything it takes to make it through alive. I just need to know that you're okay. That you have a family. I can't let you lose each other again."

"Ness, what happens if we lose you?" Dean asked.

From 8.14 "Trial and Error", in the Cassity House, Dean and Catty were talking.

Catty sighed, walking closer. "Part of me couldn't deal with it. Because it just got worse over time. It was worse torture than what really happened. And part of me just wanted it gone, and I knew that the only way it would be gone was if I was gone. I didn't even realize I was doing it. You know,  I didn't know what I was doing, until Zachariah told me what was happening, of all people. And then once I realized that he was right, I couldn't really let myself believe that I had nearly let myself die."

"And you think that's what Ness is doing right now?" Dean asked.

From 8.14 "Trial and Error", in the rooming barn's main room, Ness pulled herself away from the Hellhound, toward Catty's Knife. The Hellhound ran closer, growling and snarling, slashing its claws into Ness' stomach and side and chest, pulling her away from Catty's Knife, starting to tear into her, making her scream.

Catty: (voice over from 8.14 Trial and Error) "I guaran-freaking-tee you that Ness is not realizing what she's really doing. That it's just some part of her on the inside calling the shots, and Ness doesn't know why she's going along with it. Not yet, anyway."

Sabrina tackled the Hellhound to the ground, rolling it away from Ness, landing on the ground below the Hellhound, holding it off with both hands. Dean ran closer, kneeling next to Ness, holding her up for support with her back to his chest, holding her. Catty was wearing her Holy-Oiled glasses, gun drawn, shooting the Hellhound again. Sabrina was able to push the Hellhound off of her, to the ground, gripping it by its back as she stood, pulling it up, making it stand on its hind legs, struggling to restrain it. Sam ran in with Octavia's Angel Sword, sliding closer to Sabrina and the Hellhound, in front of them, slashing the sword through the Hellhound, bathing himself in its black blood. Sabrina gasped from effort, pushing the body of the dead Hellhound aside. Catty dropped her gun, running closer, kneeling next to Ness and Dean, looking at the fatal wounds that were causing Ness agony.

Dean: (voice over from 8.15 Man's Best Friend With Benefits) "Getting shredded and nearly killed by a Hellhound is a hell of a moment of weakness."

Sabrina ran closer, hesitating for a moment, looking at the blood, ignoring it the best she could, kneeling on the other side of Dean and Ness, holding her hands over Ness' chest and stomach, white light emanating from her hands as she healed her.

Dean: (voice over from 8.15 Man's Best Friend With Benefits) "Ness wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for Sabrina."

Ness gasped in relief, leaning her head back against Dean's chest, exhausted. Dean held Ness tighter, his chin resting on her head, gazing off, expressionless with worry.