17. Break-Up & Make-Up

I like turtles.

***

Brody stood there smirking at me forever. "What are you doing here?" I ask rudely stuffing my hands into my jean pockets, trying to intimidate him somehow.

"I'm here because Carson needed someone to talk to. I called her because I needed someone to talk to as well. - why are you here?" Brody asked me that devious smirk still across his evil face.

"I'm here because Carson called me and I came to check on her - because I care about her." I growl getting in his face slightly. I was annoyed that he was here with Carson alone on a Saturday night.

I didn't like him or the idea of him.

Much less the idea of him with Carson on a couch talking about things only me and her had in common.

"Liam?" Carson looked like she was coming from the kitchen. She was carrying a bowl of trail mix.

She looked at me and Brody back and forth. "What are you doing here?" She asks looking at me oddly.

"I got - I got your message." I tried to sound calm. She nodded slowly.

"Sorry - that was a mistake. Thanks for coming."  She handed the mix to Brody. He slipped away walking over to the couch. I watched him carefully.

"Well can we at least talk?" I ask. She sighs and nods.

She then shuts the door behind her. She was standing in front of me frowning.

"Do you want me to apologize?"

Liam don't be stupid apologize. Your sister taught you this.

Carson scoffed shaking her head.

She shivered softly turning to look down the balcony. I slipped my jacket off slowly placing on her. She turned to look at me again.

"Thanks." She whispers.

"Carson I'm sorry I wasn't here - I promise I'll answer next time as soon as I can and I'm just sorry --"

"I needed you here. I needed someone to talk to because I feel so lonely and I don't know why I just don't like this feeling of being abandoned by everyone around me. I need someone and I need to tell someone how I'm feeling every second of every day because I'm pregnant and I really want pizza." She began to cry and I nod softly beginning to bring her into my chest. She sniffled and cried into my chest.

I placed my chin onto of her head. "You are not being abandoned by anyone. I'm still here." I whisper she stops crying and I slowly release her.

She wipes her eyes slowly slipping off my jacket. "Thanks for being there for me. But I'm not holding you back anymore. Go Netflix and Chill with anyone you want." Carson begins to walk to the door.

I stood there in shock and confused like. "Carson you've never held me back." I exclaim reaching for her hand.

This felt all too much like a break up.

I brought her close to me looking at her beautiful features.

"You will never hold me back." I whisper placing my hand on her cheek. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she didn't look happy.

But I was going to kiss her. I needed to. I began to lean in almost tasting her sweet pink lips.

Then she slipped from my grip stepping back. I saw that she hid a tear. "Kissing another girl than kissing me Liam? Really? My first kiss is suppose to be amazing. And this moment is not amazing at all you only wanted to kiss me to make up for something you fucked up on and That's low. Even for someone like you." I touched my lips and that's when I felt the left behind lipgloss.