A dance and the question

Images of her smirking at me in the elevator flashed through my mind and I soon felt a numbness in both my hands. Looking down I saw a small drop of blood seep through a cut in my hand, closing my fingers over my palms I looked up once again and got caught in the hardened green of his eyes. Gabriel looked shocked for a moment but shook it off and turned his back to me, continuing to dance with the blonde. Soon the music switched and everyone grabbed a different partner a few had came close to approaching me but I quickly slipped back into the small shadow of the corner with my glass raise to my mouth. By the end of the night I was tired and just wanted to go back to my room but because life can be a bitch, the music switched one last time as I placed my empty glass on the tray a waiter was holding as he passed by. Stepping toward the large doors that would lead out to the main lobby I was close when suddenly for the second time that night I was swept into the arms of a man and not just by man but...Gabriel's.

'Oh shit ' I was screaming in my mind as I was placed between his arms. He had to have felt it between us as he touched me , hell I could feel it half way across the ballroom! Why would he grab onto me? Reluctantly I looked up toward him and saw a look pass through those beautiful eyes.
Nothing was said during the first few moments of our dance..and then came the question I wanted to know for so long.
" Why?" I could barely look up at him as I whispered the million dollar question that had been running through my mind for so long.