Feeling hollow inside

The atmosphere around us only seemed to have grown in tension, I didn't move a muscle. I wanted to know the real reason as to why he didn't want a mate- why he didn't want me. I tried not to dwell on it to much but a lot of times that question would pop into my head and repeat itself over and over again and I wanted- no needed it to stop once and for all.
A long silence came over us and then what he said finally broke me.
" I told you before I don't want a mate, I don't want you in the slightest. I don't know why you were invited in the first place but your not welcome here." He looked me dead in the eye at that last statement and I refused to let my tears show but dammit they were betraying me.
I stepped away and turned as the last song of the night ended and made my way toward my room as the tears spilled from my eyes. After shredding my dress and garments I laid in the tub while steam rose up around me, feeling numb I kept repeating the scene that happened only a while ago. Why? I guess because I still can't handle it the rejection, because every time I see him it's like the hole that he made in my heart just keeps getting bigger and bigger and one day there will be nothing left of my heart to give and it scares me. I want him to love me, I want this whole thing to have never happened but you never always get what you want right? A humorless laugh escaped my lips as that thought crossed my mind.
Unrequited love is what destroys most of us but somehow, some of us find the strength and courage to pull our selfs up and continue on for another day.
But right now, I can't even find the strength to get up out of this tub.