Starting anew

Silence was the first thing that greeted me when I woke from his bed, then came the scent of him -of us together. His arms wrapped around my belly, his chest rose with each breath he took pressing him further into my back. Easing out of his embrace, I padded to what I thought was his bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror I noticed the dark circles around my eyes had disappeared and I felt like I had slept a decent bit. My body was a little sore but looking at my neck I could feel where he had sealed his bond to me and I to him.

    Walking back into his bedroom, Gabriel was sitting up right with the sheets twisted around him, glancing up he caught my stare and held it then a little smile eased acrossed his lips.

    “ Good morning,” he murmured.

    “ Good morning to you too,” smiling I saw his eyes light up at my response I felt so at ease compared to how I was before this and I knew it had to be because of the bond but I didn’t care at the moment because I finally had my mate back. We were destined to be together and we finally were.

    Motioning for me to come to him I did, easing onto the bed I slowly crawled to the empty side of him and he turned pulling me onto his lap. Brushing strands of hair out of my face he looked down to me and smiled a big grin.

    “ What?” I asked softly.

    “ I’m happy and I feel whole it’s remarkable,” he breathed out.

    Leaning up I touched my lips to his, feeling our lips brush against each other felt oddly giddy like I couldn’t get enough of it or him. Feeling the pressure between us building he gently pushes me down and begins trailing kisses from my lips to my throat then ever so slowly travels further south. Reaching my breasts he kisses them giving equal attention to both making me shiver and moan softly. Trailing his hands over my waist and hips he holds me still as he explores my body more. Over and over again.

    Hand and hand we walk out of his room and I know people will smell the scent his scent has slightly changes as well as mine has, they’ll know what happened. I can’t help but feel giddy because of it. As we reach the front foyer were a few people are mingling around with food I catch some heads turn up and their nostrils flare telling me they smell the odd scent of a mated vampire, their newly mated king. Ducking closer to him I try to become small behind him but Gabriel won’t have it, squeezing my hand a little he urges me to return to my posture before. Doing as he asks we continue towards a hallway further into the building that winds around corners more than any other hallways I’ve seen before.
     Stopping at a massive door just like his he turns to me, “ Don’t make yourself appear smaller than me or less Kayden you are my mate now as well as my soon to be queen you must hold yourself to that or these people will not respect you do you understand me?”

    “ Yes,”

“ Whatever happens behind this door, it will not change you and I that I promise My Love,”

“Gabriel what? What is behind this door?”

“ My parents.”