Chapter 6

“Gabriel Baker.” Miss Thompson called out. I looked at him and he was sleeping, again. Gab woke up and I giggled to myself because his forehead was red from sleep. Cute. “Class, I’m telling you, no relationships allowed!” she continued, yelling. “I don’t want to see any cheesy moments in this school. If I see one of you doing something cheesy, get prepared for a month’s detention after school every day. Clean with the custodians.” The bell rang and I went out then suddenly someone grabbed my wrist. “Kelly, what?!”

“You heard Miss T., right?”

“So? I don’t care. Many people here have relationships. What’s the rush, Kelly?”

“You better break up with him,” she said and walked away. What’s her problem? That was the thirtieth time Miss Thompson said those words but she didn’t even care a bit about it. Why now? Maybe she’s just jealous because she didn’t have “the ecstasy” I felt when Gab kissed me.

“Jenny, what’s the problem?”

“Nothing,” I said in a crossed way.

“Is that because of what Miss Thompson said?” he asked.

“No. It’s about Kelly.”

“What’s with her?”

“She wants us to break up.”

“What? Why? And so? Who is she to tell us what to do?”

“It’s not that either. I can’t stand it because if she wants us to break up, she’ll do anything to break us up if we don’t do it ourselves. That’s her true attitude.”

“That damn bitch,” he said, cursing under his breath. “Just when I thought she was with me.”

“Chill. You won’t leave me, right?” I asked with hopeful eyes.

“Of course not,” he said and put his arms around my neck that made me feel warm. “Wanna see a movie?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“I’ll pick you up at seven?”

“Yup! Bye, Gab!” I went on to my next class. I was actually relieved that Kelly wasn’t in my class this time.

“Psst!” I looked around and saw London passing me a note. I looked at it and opened it. “Go to the restroom. –Gab”

“Sir, may I go to the washroom?”

“Sure.” I went out of class and straight to the restroom. The hall was dark, kind of creepy, then someone gripped me from the back then kissed me.

“Gab! You scared me.”

“Sorry Jenny.” He smiled. He hugged me tightly, I hugged him also. Whoosh! I could feel a surge of love washed through me. I wish he’s the one.

“So, what now, why did you call me out?”

“Nothing, I just missed you.”

“Whoah...Ha-ha!”

“Why? Didn’t you miss me?”

“Of course I did.” I pinched his cheeks. “Gab, we’ll have a test and I don’t know a thing about it.”

“Fine...” he gave me a pout so I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“See you later.” I went back to the classroom. When I got back, they were taking their test already. The teacher gave me my paper and I looked at it with confused eyes. What the hell is the answer to all of these questions? Hmm...I guess I’ll have to do smart guesses in this test. I prayed before taking the test. The questions were unbelievable. But thank God it was multiple choice, because if this was identification, I’d be dead by now. And I can’t take F for a grade. I want to go to a prestige school for college, not some hobo’s school. No...