Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I wore a simple white tee and a mini skirt and the varsity jacket to go with it. It went pretty well. I’m good now. I didn’t put any make up but I did put on my cherry lip gloss. 

On the other hand, Kelly was wearing cream shorts and a tank that would make guys go for broke. She’s that kind of girl, showing cleavage...and more cleavage. I sighed like I always do. I was never as wild as her. I never showed any skin to guys. Well, there was one accident when I was just a kid. I was sliding when the wind blew hard then the children around me laughed because they saw my underwear. That was embarrassing but that was way, way back. So eventually, everybody forgot about that. Thank God.

“Let’s rock this room!” We knocked and quickly, the door opened. It was Gab who opened it. He was wearing his usual black leather jacket over a white shirt.

“Hey, Jenny and Kel! Glad you came. Come in.” he ushered us in. Their dorm room was already filled with people and couples kissing and others drinking and others who were already drunk and were sleeping on one of the bunks around the corner. The lights were turned off so the turning spotlight was the only one giving the room some light. It was actually romantic and at the same time, I feel really light. Like there wasn’t any problem before. Not like there’s anything major. “Want a drink?” a guy from my calculus class offered me a punch. Four seasons, I see.

“Thanks, uh…Lester?” I hope I got his name right. I never talked to him before, until now that he had offered me a drink. Wait, are we having a conversation here now?

“Welcome!” He gave me a toothy smile which made me want to throw up. How did he even get invited to this party? I mean, no offense, but he had pimples everywhere and an even bigger one in the middle of his nose. Ugh…I can’t stand him. Okay. I feel so bad now for even thinking that. Ugh...

“Hey, who are you?” Sherwin grabbed his collar from the back. He quickly ran away, dropping his drink. Sherwin ran after him and they disappeared from my sight. Same old, same old. I looked for Kelly but spotted her with another jock whose name I sure know because he’s the star player of the football team. His name was Jeremy. Actually, this Jeremy guy was just a poor kid who was a scholar. Yup, you got that right. He isn’t rich but he sure is famous. He was even bullied on his first day but when he tried out for the varsity and got in, well, boom, he’s one hell of a star in a second! But now, he’s arrogant and the biggest bully you’ll ever think of. If you happen to be a nerd or a geek or ugly, too bad, cause if you see Jeremy along the hall, you’re dead.

I decided to sit on an empty bunk.

I was feeling so isolated and I didn’t know what to do so I just took little sips every five seconds and eventually, it drained. I sighed. I’m a loner, huh?  I just wish Gab was here to entertain me. After a while of wishing he’d come, I broke down and slept on who-knows-whose-bed-this-is.

Someone shook my shoulder which woke me up. “Kelly?” I groaned and yawned and stretched my arms, squinting.

Shocks, it wasn’t Kelly, it was Gab. Shoot! I forgot I fell asleep in their room. “You’re late for first class already.”

“Gosh, Gab. I’m sorry. Is this your bed?” he nodded but waved it away instantly like he wasn’t surprise to see a girl sleep on his bed. Well, I supposed a hundred different girls slept on that bed already.

I straightened my hair and stretched my tank top which did bad because it showed little silk from my bra. Darn it. “Hey, I gotta go, and sorry.” I rushed off and stopped. I realized that he was only joking with me, about being late for my first class. It was thirty minutes before the bell rings. I stride out of their dorm room without looking back and went to ours.

Kelly was sleeping soundly while Cherry was still listening to her songs. I sighed and plopped on my bunk bed. I just stared at the ceiling and thought about Gab. I wasn’t angry at him, I just wanted him to say sorry for what he had done, saying a lie. Not that I care. I just want him to talk to me, because he talks to me seldom. He just talks to me if he likes to and if he needs answers on a test. That’s all, but I doubt he would say sorry to me. I really doubt...He’ll just wave it off. And not just that, he invited me to a party and he didn’t even entertain me... I could’ve just slept in my room, doodling or writing, rather than be in that wild party I didn’t even feel like I belonged with.

I waited for the clock to strike six. When it did, I went to the girl’s locker room and showered. There were no people yet. People usually shower at six thirty. Well, actually, me too. Except for today cause I wanted a long soothing shower to clear my mind off of last night’s “party”.

When I was done, I scrambled back to our room and changed into something wild and different. This is a first, I promise. I usually wear tees with pants or shorts, but now, I’m wearing a sexy blue top. I just felt like it. No apparent reasons. I applied my usual lip gloss and studied for the calculus quiz later and dealt with some unfinished homework.

Soon, Kelly was awake and went to the locker room and came back after ten minutes. She bugged me about how to do the math homework but I shrugged her off and eventually, she got tired and just figured it out herself. I heard the minute bell ring and that was the time we got out of our dorm room. I got to my first class. It was boring, even the second and third and fourth class. It was because Gab wasn’t in any of those. I just met him lunch time but he just ignored me. I can’t wait for calculus class. It was just the class we had together. Oh this is why I hate Tuesdays.

When it was calculus time, he sat beside me because he knew we were having a quiz today. What a user, but that’s just what makes me smile. With him beside me, I think it’s worth it all...

“Hey, did you study?” I just nodded at him and he smirked. I watched as the papers were passed on to the back. I answered quickly while he copied all of my answers. Like everything. I was used to it now, so don’t worry about it and I’m used to him, not saying “Thank you” after cheating on me.

Yup, welcome to my life.

“Gosh, I think I failed the quiz,” Kelly said when we were back at our dorm.

“Oh? I think it was pretty easy,” I said without any hint of pride.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I bet Gab got higher than me because he cheated on you.”

“My fault? Totally not!” I grinned but she rolled her eyes on me. How nice.

“By the way, when will the school paper be published?” she asked me.

“How am I supposed to know?”

After a second’s silence, she said, “I wish they won’t throw it away.” I nodded, agreeing with her for the first time. “Oh yeah, how was yesterday? Nice sleep?”

“Oh yeah, why didn’t you wake me up? It was embarrassing on my part, you know?”

“I thought you’d hate me if I woke you up.”

“I didn’t even know it was his bed. Didn’t you know he slept on the floor? Well, at least I think.”

“Sorry then.” I waved it off. “So what’s the home work?”

“As if I care?” she said, raising her eyebrow on me. Gosh, I didn’t paid attention to any lectures today, did I? Ugh...I was thinking of Gab the whole time. Darn him! This would be his entire fault if I wouldn’t know what to do tomorrow. I changed my clothes and brushed my teeth inside the small restroom. After that, the three of us watched the local late night show. Then after that, we watched bloopers from movies. We laughed all night like crazies. It was such a relaxing feeling!

After all shows were done, we giggled and had a stomach ache after, but not a serious one. We just laughed it out.

Eventually, after all that fun, we got tired and it resulted to sleeping heavily and noisily.