Chapter 15

"Don't chase after someone. Stand still. If they want you, they'll come running back." -unknown

Harry

Hastily shoving the contents of my back pack into my locker, I felt a finger double tapping on my right shoulder. Hopeful that it was Taylor, disappointment washed over me as soon as I was met with a pair of different blue eyes. Katelyn Henderson. Her blond hair, or should I say, sleek extensions framed her face caked with make up. Coated around her cerulean eyes were jet black eyeliner and at the same time, thick, curled eyelashes. Her plump lips were painted a hot pink and layered with gloss. Jesus Christ, how many pounds of make up does this girl have on?

"Hi!" she greeted in a high pitched voice, making me wince a tad.

"Uh, hello," I replied, a bit annoyed. "What do you want?" I asked, rather disgruntled.

"Well..." she began, stretching and emphasizing on the last letter of the word. "Since I don't have a date yet, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go with me to the dance," she said, her tone and expression growing serious. Suddenly the gap between us was in a matter of inches.

"Well, I can't--" I began to reject her but then was instantly reminded that I wasn't going to the dance with Taylor anyway. So what was the point? "I mean, sure," I finished, still hesitant. Of course I didn't want to be rude and plus, I had no excuses to avoid attending the dance with her.

"Fabulous!" Katelyn exclaimed and turned around to leave, her hair close to whipping my face. "See you later," she gushed and batted her eyelashes before strutting down the hall, leaving every guy's eyes glued on to her.

Honestly, what do they see in her?

One of them walked up to me and gave me a pat on the back, saying, "Hey, man, you're lucky. I can't even get her to glance at me," he said, making me confused. But I don't feel lucky.

Taylor

Coming out of math class, I made my way through the busy hallway with students bustling and scurrying about in every direction. Clutching my history textbook tight to my chest, I hustled through crowd, trying to get to my next destination. Then, my wandering eyes saw what made me stop dead in my tracks. Harry was leaning against his locker and with him was... Katelyn? Disbelief and betrayal coursed through me. Tears prickled in my eyes. How could he do this? Doesn't he remember what she put me through? With bitterness and resentment, I began to march over to Harry, but then stopped midway, the scowl fading from my face. A feeling of replacement struck me as I realized, I am not his to worry about or care for anymore.

+

"Taylor, I can't stand this," Selena whined.

"What?" My voice came out sounding so small, even I barely heard it.

"This has been going on ever since you dumped Harry," she said, motioning her hands.

I frowned and said, "I wouldn't necessarily say I dumped him. That's rather harsh. Let's just say that I walked out and was simply setting him free."

"Whatever, Taylor." Selena rolled her eyes jokingly at my explanation.

Observing and noticing the look of gloom and sadness upon my face, Selena asked more calmly, "You really like him, do you,Taylor?"

I glumly nodded, staring at the uneaten tray of food sitting in front of me. There was no appetite whatsoever in me when the only thing eating me up was the thought of Harry. When I left him, I didn't think the outcome was going to turn out like this. I thought that when I did, my life would be more at ease and I would be able to focus on my main priorities. However, I was wrong. Harry is my priority. And wherever I go, he's just there. In each corner I turn into, and path I walk on, I see his face in every crowd.

"Then," Selena began with a serious expression, looking me straight in the eye. "I think you should catch him before it's too late."

A/N: I haven't updated this in so long due to piles of homework but after next week, hopefully updates wouldn't take this long. Plus, I already got like 90% of the next chapter done. For those of you who are reading my one shots book, there will be one more chapter left because I need to focus entirely on this one and start on my new ones soon. Thank you for being patient and for reading this short chapter. I love you all so much x