Chapter 19

"Sometimes I won't admit I know you're lying because I can't admit how I found out." - unknown

Taylor

The sound of rustling leaves in the afternoon breeze and Harry breathing were the only things I heard as my head was rested on his chest. We were lying on the soft, warm ground underneath the cool shade of the tree, like always.

"Thank you again, for being there last Friday," I said with nothing else on my mind. "No one would've been able to find me there..."

"Yeah, no need to mention it," Harry said soothingly while brushing his fingers through my curls.

As I began recalling the events that took place Friday night, I suddenly remembered what I wanted to ask Harry about in the first place. Attempting my best to approach the question steadily, I tentatively asked, "Ha-have you ever, uh, wonder what happened to your dad?" Harry's eyebrows furrowed and he was silent for a moment. Oh shit, wrong move, Taylor, I cursed inside my head.

Then, he finally answered grimly, "No."

Seeing that that question had only situated us into a more awkward position, I steered it away to another topic. "Okay, well, I wrote you a song the other day," I said with as much enthusiasm as possible, like nothing happened within the last minute. Pushing myself up to a sitting position against the tree trunk, I grabbed my guitar beside me and began by strumming a few chords, refreshing my memory.

"Really?" Harry said. "I want to write you a song, too."

I let out a titter, "I can't wait to hear it."

"You will soon," he said and a smile tugged on the corners of his lips.

"Anyway, this is a song called Love Story and is basically about two people who are falling in love but there's bad blood between their families. It's based off Romeo and Juliet," I paused to catch my breath. "But, instead of the story ending in a tragedy, I decided to change it into a happy ending," I finished with a smile.

Harry said, "I like it already."

+
"Cause we were both young when I first saw you," I sang the last line of the song and strummed the final chord. Harry still wore the same smile he did throughout the entire song and started to giggle. "What's so funny?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh nothing," he said, trying to maintain a straight face. "It's just that no one has ever written me a song before," he admitted with a sheepish smile and blushed.

"Well, you can expect a whole album about you from me," I joked.

"Now, I'd like to hear that one day," Harry remarked with a smirk and put his arm around me as I snuggled in closer to him, burying my face in his navy blue flannel.

"You don't have work today?" I questioned.

"No, my boss said I could take a few days off with it being the last week of school and everything," he explained.

"How nice," I commented. "Oh, will you be going to the school promotion party?"

"Will you?" He asked hopefully.

"I'm not sure," I said hesitantly. To be frank, I really wasn't certain on whether I should go or not. A) I didn't want to see any fake bitches from school. B) I just didn't want to see people from school in general. C) I was just a lazy ass.

"I'll go if you go," Harry finally said.

"Fine," I huffed.

His eyes lit up at my word. "Thanks, babe." Then, he leaned down to kiss my cheek, his soft lips lingering there for a moment before he pulled away.

"Well of course I'd go if--"

"No, no--Not for that. Well, yes, that too. But, thank you for always being there for me even though I'm probably the world's worst boyfriend," he chuckled.

"Harry, stop that," I giggled. "I'm probably the world's worst girlfriend."

"All right, maybe we both don't know anything when it comes to relationships," he admitted. "But together, we make the world's best couple, don't we?" Harry asked and wiggled his eyebrows.

Letting out a laugh, I said, "Sure. We do."