Chapter 12; She's About To Explode

Chapter 12; The Radioactive Girl

Chris and Tasha watched in awe at the audacity of the girl. She jumped from one wall to another, swiftly evading the robot’s swinging  fists. She was laughing the whole time.

She eventually managed to get onto the roof of one of the buildings. She lifted her arms up and did something that looked like she was slicing the air. The robot’s arms were ripped off, falling to the ground with a heavy thud.

Locks of her hair swung around her frame as her pearl white grin glowed. Her eyes were red and glowing, and her chestnut hair was taking in the colour of blood. She was red.

Pure red.

Like blood.

She jumped from the roof and landed on the robot’s head. It stopped moving and stood still.

She giggled.

‘Good boy,’ she cooed at the metal monster. She snapped her fingers and the robot fell to pieces.

‘Obliteration complete!’ she laughed, admiring her handiwork. She saw her reflection in the reflective material and gasped. Shit, my hair’s red! she panicked. But then she noticed her eyes.

MY EYES ARE EVEN WORSE,  she internally screamed. She stood back up and noticed the two teens staring at her in shock. She waved, slowly making her way towards them, putting on a bright smile. Chris stood up and walked towards her. They stopped, an arm’s length away from each other. Chris grinned.

‘Hey, I’m Chris,’ she greeted. ‘Short for Christopher. That kid over there is my pal, Tasha. You wwere pretty amazing up there.’

‘Ha ha, thanks,’ Emey squeaked, shyly rocking back and forth on her bare heels. She made sure feign innocence, just in case they were something she should be afraid of, something dangerous. Maybe the robot was just a decoy, she hesitated. She learned that she needed to constantly be on guard.

Tasha shifted into a kneel.

Shit,’ he hissed. ‘The Commander’s here.’

Before Emey even had the time to turn, she found herself bound to the wall with green, glowing chains. She tried to break out but the force was to strong. The two teens backed away as their Commander, a hooded, faceless figure, came in front of her. He lifted her chin to face him, and she gasped to find a pair of green glowing eyes staring into her own.

It can’t be...

‘Who are you?’ he whispered. Trying to look tough, she smirked and turned her head away.

‘Shouldn’t you tell me your name first? I mean you’re the one who barged in unannounced.’

He released her from the chains and she immediately lunged at him, forcing his head collide with the ground. Tasha and Chris could suppress their snickers. She dragged the hood down.

It is him.

She wanted to hug him, sort of, but knew that he couldn’t recognize her. So she played along.

‘You’ve got a nice face,’ she said, standing back up. She pulled him up. ‘Shame you like to cover it. Name?’

‘Um, Ben Temmerson. You?’

 ‘I’m Lacie,’ she lied.

‘Well then Lacie, I was watching you fight that robot, and I want you to come with us. I want to show you something,’ he gestured the other two to follow him as he dragged her deeper into the alleyway.

‘Okay,’ she laughed, ‘ but I’m warning you, I’m radioactive.’

‘Don’t worry,’ he replied. She could see the smirk in his eyes. ‘I can take care of that.’

She smiled.

‘Don’t say you haven’t been warned.’