Chapter 2: Chase Away Your Nightmares

Soul's point of view:

I was sleeping peacefully when I heard a scream coming from Maka's room. I immediately shot out of bed, out of my room, and into Maka's. She was having a nightmare so I calmly woke her up. She screamed again as her eyes shot open. She was breathing fast and heavily and she was sweating. It must have been a pretty bad dream. "Soul..." Maka said as she regained her breathing. "it's ok Maka, it was just a dream." I said as I tried to calm her down. "Oh Soul, it was awful!" she said as she burst into tears. "I dreamed that the kishin decided not to shoot at me and just shot at you again so I couldn't fight." "But Maka, you were a weapon yourself in the battle." I said as I tried to reassure her. "Its not that Soul! I thought I might have lost you!" She said as she hugged me tightly. I felt all warm. She really cared about me. I felt my cheeks turn pink as I blushed. I quickly tried to act cool so Maka wouldn't see me blushing. Her tears fell onto my shoulder. I hated seeing her so upset, but I was happy that she cared about me that much. "Its ok Maka, I'm here." I said softly in her ear. Her cries started to slow down to soft breathing. We were just embracing each other. Warmth spread through my body and I had never been so happy. "I'll never leave you Maka." I felt her relax. She then pulled away from me. She was smiling and her tears had dried. "Thank you Soul." she said as she laid down so she could go back to sleep. "Are you ok now Maka?" I asked her as I looked at how cute she was all wrapped up in the blankets. "Well I'm afraid to be alone. I don't know why but I am." she said as she glanced out the window. "I can sit next to you until you fall asleep." I suggested. I really wanted to stay with her too. I wanted to keep her safe and keep all her bad dreams away. I needed to protect her. "Ok." she said as I sat up on the bed next to her. The bed wasn't that big. It wasn't quite a twin sized bed, but it wasn't a queen sized bed. It was just a full sized bed. It was just big enough for two people. I sat there guarding her until I felt my eyelids grow heavy and I gave in to sleep.

Maka's point of view:

It was so cute, how he fell asleep like that. I had felt him watching me until I heard the soft sounds of his breathing. I looked over and saw him asleep. As long as I was with him, I felt safe.

He slid down until his head was no longer on the head board but on the pillow. I pulled the covers over him and snuggled against him. I had never been so happy. Maybe he did feel the same. I was just so happy that he said he would never leave me. I looked up at him from his chest and thought about how cute he was when he slept. He looked much younger when he was asleep. He was half a year older than me though. I giggled quietly. Goodnight Soul. I love you.