The Dork

Peridot's POV
I finally finished packing my book bag, since I had advanced Math, and I didn't want to miss one second of it. Yes, I am a big nerd, and no one seems to like me. But that doesn't matter, because I have my studies, and my robots. I quickly grabbed my ID and my book bag, and dashed out the door into my new car, which I could drive since I am the oldest one Freshman year, besides Jasper. I started the car, and drove off to Shining Gem Academy for my first day of HighSchool. Once I made it to school, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and walked forward. Unfortunately, I walked into someone. I looked at the person, stumbling to apologize.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going and..." I drifted off, just so I could get a look at who I had bumped into. She was a very artsy looking girl, with beautiful hair that was dyed a very pretty baby blue and her eyes, jeez her eyes. She looked at me and the whole world just seemed to stop. Pull it together, Peridot! You only just met her!! I thought to myself, knowing that I couldn't get caught up in a relationship again, it would ruin my studies. She coughed, and it seemed like she was trying to get my attention, even though she already had it...ugh I just zone out a lot, not my fault I bumped into the hottest girl on campus. Wait what? What am I thinking?!? Think of the studies, not the girl!

"It's fine, people bump into me all the time, I must be invisible." She smiled at me and giggled. Sure doesn't seem like invisible to me...
"The name's Lapis, by the way. Lapis Lazuli," The girl said to me, holding her hand out.

"Peridot." I responded, taking her hand and using it to pull myself off of the ground. Stupid clod! Say something more meaningful! The other gem giggled at my reaction, and that's when I realized I was blushing. Oh gawd why now?

"Maybe we could hang sometime, you seem pretty chill." Lapis said, making me super excited, I mentally fist bumped the air. Yes!! Already popular on the first day of school!

"Sure, that seems cool! I'll meet you at the Big Donut after school." I say, and she nods, looking at her feet and I swear it looked like she was blushing. Probably because of my awkward conversation skills...
"Shit! I better get going or I'm gonna be late!" I said, giving Lapis a small smile as I ran to my locker and set up my stuff. I grabbed my calculus stuff and bolted up the stairs, passing a couple or two making out in the hall. Get a room!

I opened the door to calculus, panting after running up two flights of steps. The teacher glared at me, I knew that this wasn't a good way to start off the school year, but at least I hadn't got a detention. I took a seat next to Amethyst. On my other side was another nerd. Great, now I have competition, and it's sitting right next to me. The teacher came around the room with a stack of papers, and I looked at the board. In giant red letters it read: Pop-Quiz! I faceplanted into my desk. Even though I loved school, pop-quizes were never fun. I peered at the pop-quiz when she handed it to me, and I started to fill it out.
~|Time Skip to after the quiz|~
The teacher shuffled our finished quizzes, looking through them with an unamused face. She stopped abruptly, and her eyes widened and she slowly started to smile.

"Aha! I found one that is completely correct. As you can guess, most of you failed that quiz. All but one student. Peridot. You can all stand up and give her a round of applause, and maybe some of you could take a few tips from her," the teacher said as she winked, and I slid underneath my desk, everybody was staring at me, and the person sitting next to me; the nerd, looked like she wanted to strangle me, even though she wasn't really that intimidating. I slumped back into my seat. This was going to be a looooong day. At least I have the Big Donut to look forward to.