Chapter 2 - Remorse

Eridan walked past me and began to walk away when I stopped him. "Wait."
He turned to me, waiting for the promised conversation.
"I'm sorry."
"For wwhat?" he asked, stepping closer.
I sighed. " I'm sorry for judging you when I, myself, was and is just as lonely as you. All you wanted to do was get your moirail back and maybe even earn a matespritship with her. I just want to have a friend. It's not that the other trolls don't talk to me, but they are just acquaintances. I never asked to be alone, and neither have you. However, that was no excuse to kill off Fef and Kanaya; that was rather selfish."
"Yeah... I'm sorry about that. I realized that it doesn't get people to like me. It only means they're just dead."
I hugged him tightly, smiling at his better judgement. "At least you can change your own heart."
"Heh, I guess so..."
There was several moments of awkward silence when my phone made a ping! I checked it and saw that it was Karkat trolling me.

-- carcinoGeneticist [CG] began trolling punkTiger [PT] --

CG: LEAH, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?
CG: STOP BEFORE YOU GET YOURSELF KILLED
CG: JUST COME BACK TO THE LAB... IM DRAGGING THIS LISPING DOUCHE DOWN THE STAIRS NOW
CG: LEAH?
PT: ugh.... whaT?
PT: everyThing is under conTrol, Kar.
PT: aT leasT I'm Trying To geT The Team back
PT: jusT... piss off, ok!

-- punkTiger [PT] ceased pestering carcinoGeneticist [CG] --

I walked to the end of the dimly lit hallway and beckoned for Eridan to follow. "Let's go find the others and give the grumpy hermit some time to pull the stick out of his ass..."
"Agreed."