Chapter 13 - For Hate

I woke up and smelled something wafting under my nose, the delicious scent presumably coming from downstairs. I looked around and found that Cronus was gone. I got up and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Cronus was at the stove, frying eggs and bacon. He must've gotten curious about my "human" food. I snuck up behind him and clamped onto his waist. He stopped what he was doing and smiled. "Vwell, g'mornin' to you too, kitten."
I chuckled and sat down at the island countertop, my growling stomach rivalring the noise from the skillet. Cronus placed some things on a plate and set it down in front of me. Eggs, bacon, toast and waffles adorned the plate along with a side of milk. I took a small bite, my eyes widening. Damn, Cronus could really cook! I scarfed down the rest of my breakfast like the pig I am and put the plate in the kitchen sink. I glanced at the greaser, who was slowly eating his meal and deep in thought. I walked into the living room and turned on the TV. I switched my TV to my Xbox and began scrolling through Netflix. I'd just turned on an episode of Kill la Kill when I felt a dip in the couch. Cronus sat next to me and rested an arm around my shoulders. I purred and leaned my head against his shoulder. "Thanks for making breakfast, Cro..." I chimed sleepily.
"Eh, don't svweat it, doll. I just vwanted to do somethin' nice for a change."
I smiled, but it quickly faded at the thought of Eridan. I already missed him; my memories of him were the only ones I had. I looked at the far corner of the room and there, rested on a small table, was a scarf he had knitted for me a long time ago. I didn't notice the tears pricking my eyes until Cronus spoke up. "Kitten? You alright?"
I nodded, my eyes never tearing away from the scarf.
I heard him sigh next to me. "Ya miss Eridan, don't you?"
I nodded again. He got up and began to walk to the door, beckoning me to follow him. I turned off the TV and went outside. He gave a small nod. "Vwe're goin' to find chief."
"But he said he wanted nothing more to do with me," I replied, a bit of hurt evident in my tone.
"I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean that. If anythin' I think he's still flushed for ya, ewven if he vwalked off."
I looked up and gave a small smile. Cronus was right; Eridan might still be flushed for me. It might not be too late to set things right! Looking around, my eyes set on a trail of footprints. I followed them over a small hill to find a small figure buried in the snow, his violet cape covered in ice. I quickly rushed over to it and lightly shook it. It growled and mumbled. "Wwhat are you doing' here?"
I ignored the slight hurt that brought me and hugged him from behind. "I'm sorry."
"Oh don't bother apologi-"
"Let me finish," I said, cutting him off. "What happened wasn't your fault; it was mine. I shouldn't have cheated on you. I'm still flushed for you, and I have something to prove it." I brought my left arm around so he could see my wrist. The wound was still stitched up, slightly bloody. Eridan raised his head to look and shivered. "Wwhy wwould ya hurt yourself ovver me?"
"Because I did it for love! I still have feelings for you. That blood on those razor blades that belongs to you now has a bit of red - a solid red. That's how I feel about you, even for what happened." Cronus stood at a distance to watch the scene, careful as to not anger Eridan. I spun Eridan around to crash my lips into his. He seemed to hesitate before slowly relaxing into the kiss, instantly pulling me close. We pulled away and held each other tightly, never letting go.