Chapter 14 - For You (Epilogue)

I sat on the couch, Cronus on my left side and Eridan on my right. My beloved matesprit held me in his arms while Cronus read a magazine from my room. The two Amporas were now civil with each other, just a short exchange of words whenever they'd pass each other by. Frankly, I couldn't have it any other way. As long as they didn't kill each other, everything was all good.

I got up and walked upstairs, Eridan following me. We both walked to my bedroom and lied down on the bed. The short seadweller took my left hand in his hands, gently running a finger over my scar. "I don't evver wwant ya to hurt yourself, ok?"
I nodded. "I expect the same change from you; my beloved matesprit shouldn't have to hurt himself for someone who doesn't feel the same way. He should move on to someone who likes him and intends to keep that bond."
He smiled, pulling me into a short hug, then walking to his dresser. He pulled out a small box that I could only make out as a ring box. He stood in front of me, kneeling down on one knee like the cheesy son of a bitch he was. I wasn't expecting him to give me a ring!
"Lee... Wwould you do me the honor of bein' my wwife, or wwhatevver you humans call it..?"
I smiled widely, pulling him into a huge hug and chanting "YES!" loudly. I nuzzled into his neck and sighed.
He smiled against mine and muttered. "I did it all for you."
"From now on, I shall be your guardian angel. Whatever life throws at you, I'll be sure to protect you."
He smiles, kissing my cheek. "Thank you, Lee... Thank you..."
"I stood for you. I intended on keeping things together, through thick and thin. I did it all for you... my sweet Prince."