Chapter 5 - Bad Romcom

A/N: #tw #lemon teaser

Eridan and I were sitting on the couch, our attention focused on the TV in front of us. I managed to snag one of Karkat's terrible romcoms and I felt bored enough to watch it. I wasn't a fan of bad romcoms, but I just wanted to spend some time with the seadweller to my left. He leaned his head on my shoulder, careful not to jab me in the throat with his horns.

I reached for the bowl of popcorn when my hand brushed against Eridan's, as he also wanted a handful of the buttery treat. "Oh... sorry..." I blushed, praying that the dark room was enough to mask it.
"It's cool, Lee. I don't mind."
About ten minutes later, we officially ran out of popcorn. I got up and carried the empty bowl with me to the kitchen for a refill. I haven't gotten far when a pair of thin arms circled my plump waist. Eridan brought my body closer to his, his lips brushing against my neck. I giggled and turned around, kissing him deeply.

It's been months since we died, and our matespritship was still going strong. I had no idea why people treated Eridan so terribly. He was a sweetheart and I had proof of that; the seadweller showed such a great amount of passion towards me. I couldn't help but melt into his arms.

He suddenly bit down onto my neck, earning a wobbly moan from me. He smirked against my tan flesh and proceeded to leave a dark mark. I was about to slip my hands lower than his neck when he stopped abruptly. "You should be getting back to makin' that popcorn~"
"Oh yeah, right," I responded dumbly. I grabbed a packet of popcorn kernels from a box and threw it in the microwave. While I was waiting for it to finish, I went outside to quickly grab some candy to complete our movie snack collection and topping it off with lemonade from the nearby river.

I returned indoors and grabbed the hot bag of popcorn from the microwave, emptying it into the large bowl. Walking back to the living room, I set the items down on the ottoman and took my place back on the warm couch. Eridan replaced his head on my shoulder and hummed a tune from what sounded like an instrumental lullaby. My eyelids began to feel heavy but I snapped awake when he finished. "What was that?"
"Wwhat wwas wwhat?" he looked up, confused.
"That melodious tune. Where'd you learn that?"
"It wwas a lullaby that my lusus hummed to me wwhen I wwas just a swweep old. It... helped me sleep."
"That's so adorable, Eri," I smiled, hugging him close.
"Wwhat'd I say about being all mushy wwith me?"
"That you were kidding?"
"Oh ha ha... Just lie dowwn, Lee."
I closed my eyes and began to drift off when I felt lips press against my forehead. "Sleep wwell, dear..."