Chapter 1

Xerina got up and looked out the window. She sighed. "Only a few more days till professor Rowan calls me to choose a Pokemon..." she looked around her room and her eyes stopped on a framed photo of her and her mother. "How can I make my own story when I have to live up to you?" She got up and walked over to her dresser where the photograph stood. She picked up the photo and looked at it for a while. "I love you mom." She put the photo down and got herself ready for the day.

Once ready she headed down stairs in hopes to see her mother before she left for the league. "Mom?" She called out as she arrived to the empty kitchen and dinning area. She sighed and sat down at the dinning room table. She wasn't alone for long when two Pikachu ears popped up from behind the chair. She noticed that she had a pair of Pikachu ears when she looked at her reflection in the mirror hanging on the wall in front of her. "Huh?" She looked behind the chair to find Fang, her mischievous female Pikachu. She smiled at the playful Pokemon as she pulled her onto her lap.

"Hey Fang! Have you seen mom yet?" She asked her Pikachu.

Fang nodded.

"Did she leave already?"

Fang looked sad and nodded again.

Xerina sighed. Fang looked at Xerina concerned before she handed her a letter.
"What's this?" Xerina looked at the letter. Fang nudged her telling her to open it; purposely covering up the return address.
Xerina looked at Fang then opened the letter and read it.

"Dear Cynthia,

I would like to give you the opportunity to travel across the Unova region. Attached in the envelope is a plane ticket. Skyla will be awaiting your arrival in Milstration town. Juniper would be exceptionally happy if you would visit her at the lab, I hope you consider this chance greatly.

Yours truly,

Alder."

Xerina looked at Fang. "No Fang! This is for mother, not for me!" Fang nudged her with the plane ticket in her mouth.
"Pikachu..." Fang gave her her puppy dog eyes knowing Xerina could never say no to that.
Xerina sighed. "Fine. We'll go." She got up and put a bag together with all of her essential things.

"Let's go!" Xerina put her back pack onto her back and let Fang hop onto her shoulder. She turned to leave with the letter and ticket in her bag when she heard a familiar voice.

"And where do you think you are going?" Voice called. She turned to face the owner. It was Volkner. Great... she thought.

"Nowhere" she quickly replied.

"Nowhere? Really? I think you are sneaking out of the house while your mother is at work" Volkner looked at Xerina with a stern look. "Your mother left me in charge and you are my responsibility."

Xerina rolled her eyes. "But Volkner..." she whined. "I'm just going to go visit professor Rowan" she lied hoping it would fool him enough to let her go.

"Does your mother know?" He looked at her loosening up a bit.

"Yes" she replied.

Volkner sighed. She knew she had won him over. "Okay go. But be back by dinner"

Xerina smiled. "Thank you Volkner!" She hugged him then ran out of the house. She was finally free and on her way to writing her story.