Chapter 10

Xerina woke in in a dimly lit room. She was tied to a chair in the centre of the room. The chair was bolted down so she could not move. The corse rope rubbed against her skin like sandpaper as she struggled to get out. She looked around. There was a small light source which came from a crack between the floor and the door.
Footsteps could be heard getting closer to the door. It sounded like a man's footsteps. The door slowly opened as a large man in a robe entered. It was Ghetsis: the leader of team plasma.

Xerina growled as he entered. "Where's Kyle?!?"

Ghetsis grinned. "Shouldn't you worry about your own safety first?" He flicked on the lights and moved close to her.

"Why am I here?" Xerina growled at him.

"We're using you for bait. For our real target."

"And who's that?" She looked at him.

He walked around her. "The champion of course."

"Why do you want Alder or Iris?" She moved her head to follow his movements.

"You didn't let me finish child. Our target is the champion of Sinnoh." He grinned hoping to get a reaction out of her.

Xerina growled. "Why do you want her?!!"

"She has something of mine." He stood in front of her. "You are going to help us get her!"

"And why do you think I'd do that?"

"You don't have a choice!" A woman enters the room. "Aldith. She's all yours" Ghetsis leaves as the woman nears Xerina.

"This is going to be fun!" Aldith grinned and sent out her liepard.

Xerina growled.

"By the way, this is live streaming right as we speak" Aldith showed her a camera which was in the corner. "Now smile for the camera!" Aldith's liepard fired a shadow ball at Xerina.

Xerina winced as it hit her. "She is not going to come!"

"If she ever wants to see you again she will!" Aldith laughed as liepard hit Xerina with another shadow ball.

* * *

Cynthia entered the Nimbasa city gym. "Elesa? Where'd Xerina go?" She ran around looking for Elesa when she heard no response.
She found her tied up in the storage room and rushed to her side. "Elesa!" Cynthia called as she untied her.

Elesa looked at her. "I'm sorry Cynth. I couldn't protect her." She cried.

"Where's Xerina?" Cynthia looked at her worried.

"They took her."

"Who took her?"

"Team Plasma."

"What?" Cynthia got up. "Where is their base?"

Elesa also got up. "I don't know... I'm sorry Cynthia."

"It's not your fault." Cynthia gave her a warm smile.

Elesa turned on the tv and the live broadcast of Aldith beating Xerina was reflected onto the screen. "Cynthia." She called Cynthia over and showed her the images.

Cynthia growled. "Xerina. Hang in there. I'm coming to save you."

Elesa looked at Cynthia. "Take my Emolga with you. It will help you find the base."

"Thanks." She takes Elesa's Emolga and heads out for the Team Plasma base.

* * *

Xerina winces from the pain. Blood seeps from her open wounds. "She's not coming for me!" She growls at Aldith.

"I wouldn't be so sure of yourself!" Aldith grins. "Have you ever seen what a mother ursaring does to protect its teddiursa?"

"No..."

"You don't want to know..." Aldith leaned back. "Let's just say mother ursaring is coming to save her little teddiursa!"

Xerina growled. But before she could say anything the door to the room flew off its hinges and slammed against the wall. Cynthia stood within the door frame. Her garchomp by her side.

"Let my daughter go!" Cynthia growled.

"Mom?" Xerina looked shocked. She couldn't believe that Cynthia came. She thought after the fight they had that her mother didn't want to be with her anymore.

Aldith grinned. "And the fish takes the bait!"

Cynthia glared at Aldith. "How dare you hurt-" she growled at Aldith before an unexpected attack hit her from behind, knocking her unconscious.

"Mom!" Xerina exclaimed. Her eyes widened as she watched her mother's helpless body fell to the ground. Her faced burned with anger. She tried even more to get out of her restraints. But with no luck.

Aldith laughed darkly as she dragged the champion's helpless body out of the room. Locking the door behind her and leaving Xerina in a room filled with darkness.

Knowing she had lost her only family, Xerina slowly began to zone out. Becoming an outer shell of nothingness; as if in a trance.