Chapter 2

Xerina arrived at the airport and pulled out her ticket. "Here we are Fang." She took a a deep breath of air and boarded the plane.
She took a seat next to the front of the plane and looked out the window as she watched her home quickly disappear as the plane flew off. "There goes Sinnoh..." Xerina sighed and closed her eyes for what she thought was for a second, until she was shook awake.

"Excuse me miss. But the plane has landed. We are now in Unova" a flight attendant lady smiled warmly at Xerina as she opened her eyes.

"We're already in Unova?" Xerina questioned as she rubbed her eyes. "How long was I out?" She looked over to the flight attendant.

The flight attendant lady smiled. "Yes we are. And you were out for about three hours miss"

"Is Skyla here? I'm supposed to be meeting her..." Xerina got up and grabbed her bag from the overhead compartment.

"The gym leader is here waiting for someone named Cynthia. She is supposedly the champion of Sinnoh."

"That's me." Xerina lied hoping the lady would buy it. Luckily for her, she did.

"Come this way miss champion" the flight attendant lead Xerina off the plane to Skyla.
Xerina had seen Skyla once before when Volkner had dragged her to the annual gathering of gym leaders convention. She hoped Skyla would not recognize her.

The flying type gym leader smiled at Xerina and the flight attendant as they walked up to her.

"Here is Cynthia. The champion of Sinnoh" the flight attendant smiled then walked away after Skyla thanked her.

"You're a long way from home miss champion" Skyla smiled.

"Yeah..." Xerina hesitated.

"I know you're not the champion kid. I remember when Volkner introduced me to you. You're Cynthia's daughter." Skyla ran her hands through Xerina's hair. Xerina cringed.

"Are you going to send me home?"

She smiled. "No. Since you're already here. I'll take you to Professor Juniper where you can start your journey."

"But what about the letter addressed to mom?" Xerina looked at Skyla.

"Don't worry about that kid. Sure Alder will be upset. But he'll understand that she couldn't make it." The gym leader led Xerina to her gym where she gave Xerina her swanna. "Swanna will take you to professor Juniper's lab"

"You're not coming with me?" Xerina took the pokeball.

Skyla shook her head. "No. I have gym leader duties to complete. Don't worry. You'll be fine"

Xerina sighed and stepped outside. She let the flying type out of its pokeball and hopped onto its back. "To the lab." She called out.

"Swanna!" The Pokemon flew off heading towards the Pokemon Lab.
Xerina was amazed by the view below her. Unova was an amazing looking region. She couldn't wait to explore it.