Chapter 2

Megan's POV:

I grabbed my laptop, the little cursor on my screen blinking. Now, what to type for English... A sudden knock on my door alarmed me. I set my laptop off to the side as I opened the door. In the doorway was one of my best friends, Danielle. Tears covered her face and more were watering up in her green and golden eyes. Her normally styled dark, curly hair was a mess in a horrible pony tail. She quickly hugged me.

“What happened?” I asked, pulling away to look in her eyes.

“E-Eleanor-r's d-dead.” She mumbled and hugged me again. Tears started to rapidly fall from my eyes. Eleanor. I hugged Dani tighter and cried with her as we walked to her room, going to pack her stuff.

We reached Dani's room while not talking. Everyone seemed very quiet. Because they all knew. I grabbed Dani's hand as everyone stared at us, because it was Eleanor's room too. We took Eleanor's few objects and put them into boxes before heading off to my room.

“Can I stay in your room tonight?” Dani asked.

“Yeah, let's go get dinner.”

“I lost my appetite.”

“You have to eat, now let's go.” I told Dani, pulling her arm to the dining room. We quickly grabbed a sandwich and sat down.

“Hey, Megan! Dani!” Someone called out. I turned my head to the shorter figure coming toward us. It was Jane. Jane had red hair and perfect skin. No freckles, no acne, nothing, her face barley turned to another color besides white. Her eyes were bright blue, like a neon sky. She looked nothing like Dani and I.

Dani had dark brown hair, with tints of purple and red. She also had blond scattered through-out it. Her eyes were green with golden rings around her pupils. I had light brown hair with blond highlights scattered. My eyes a light brown.

“Yeah?” I asked Jane.

“The teacher wants us for some reason. Come on,” She motioned toward us and took us out of the dining room. What would a teacher want us for? Ugh, what did one of us do this time? I asked myself as I walked Dani and myself down to where a group of teachers and Jane were.