Chapter 9

I finally got to Mr. Monroe's room. The hallways seemed eerily terrifying, as if someone was watching me. Maybe someone was...?  

I shook my head at the paranoia inside my head as I opened the door silently. Luckily no one was in the room, as I had forgotten check. I started to walk a little faster when I closed the door, heading to the file cabinets. I opened the file drawer and set the folders back into place, shutting my bag abc just about to walk away from the files. I heard footsteps, heading towards Monroe's door. I grabbed my bag and ran to his desk, climbing underneath it. The door handle clicked, releasing the door, squeaking. I heard light footsteps, too light to be Monroe's. I saw feet, only three feet away from me. It was defiantly not Monroe. The shoes looked classy, not old school. He was also wearing black skinny jeans... But we had uniforms, how could someone be disobeying dress code? There is strict rule prohibiting dress code except for sleepwear! 

"Come on, come on, come on..." The voice whispered. I knew exactly who it was. Jace. I tried to be as quiet as possible, hoping he would hear me. Finally a drawer opened and files moved. He took someone's file.  

"Oh no." He muttered and slowly started sinking down, to where he was on his knees. He couldn't see me unless he bent down a little bit more. I heard what he must have been hearing, the footsteps outside of the door. I moved closer to the ,corner under the desk, hoping to not be seen. 

Suddenly, Jace got down and crawled under the table. He gave me one of the weirdest looks, and started mouthing things to me. 

"What are you doing?" He asked. 

"What are YOU doing?" I mouthed. Jace shook his head. Two sets of footsteps walked into the room.  

"Do you think they have found out?" a female voice whispered. 

"No, but we haven't figured out who was supposed to take care of the body. We must punish them with murder as we did Eleanor." The make voice said. Jace and I states at each other as the conversation continued. 

"Drop the papers for him and lets go." The female voice said. Papers fell on the desk, footsteps and the door shut. Jace and I both sighed in relief.