Chapter 10

Jace's POV:

Danielle and I both crawled out from Monroe's desk. What the hell was she doing here?

“What are you doing here?” She asked me, with her insanely pink cheeks.

“Hun, you're blushing,” I said and lifted my hand to her face. She slapped it away.

“No, answer me. Don't use your British charm,” Danielle said, tensing up a bit.

“I had to look for something.” I muttered, trying to hide the folder behind my legs. She reached behind me and pulled the folder out to look at the name.

“Why were you taking your own folder?” She whispered.

“I had to figure something out. Now what in the bloody hell where you doing in here?” I asked, my accent getting thick. It tended to do that when I got angry or frustrated.

“I had to put something back.” She whispered under her breath.

“You got put in for the test, didn't you?” I asked her. She looked at me with her dazzeling green eyes.

“Yes.”

“And you were trying to figure it out by looking in your folder, right?”

“...Yes.” She whispered even quieter.

“And now we have to get out of here and discuss this somewhere else, am I correct?” I asked her.

“Yes, let's get out of here. I know the perfect spot.” said Danielle and she pulled me out of Monroe's room, to who knows where.