Chapter 3

Jane's POV:

“Yes?” Megan asked the teachers before us. There were at least ten. Most of them were girls except for two male teachers I had never saw before. They probably taught high school. We were only in 8th grade.

“We have a problem.” One of the male teachers stated.

“And what would that be?” Dani asked them.

“You girls can't be on campus for a while.” The female teacher said.

“What?” I asked. “What about classes, and friends? Why can't we be on campus?” I stated, starting to get furious. What could we have done that is so bad that we couldn't even be on campus?

“No, she didn't mean on campus... you're not going to be able to go to your classes.” The other male teacher said.

“How are we going to learn?” Dani asked.

“Well, you girls are so high in the curriculum that you don't need to finish this grade. All you have to do is take a test, if you pass, then you can skip the rest of this grade.” One of the female teachers said smiling. Something seemed off about her smile though.

“Megan, since your a 4.0, we recommend it for you. Jane and Danielle, we think your writing and math is fantastic, so we recommend it for you too.” The female teacher said. I nodded my head quickly and pulled Dani and Jane back to talk about it.

“Should we?” I asked them.]

“Yes!” They both exclaimed. I nodded my head In agreement and we looked back at the teachers.

“We want to do it,” I stated.

“Okay, the test is next week Tuesday. You will be excused from all your classes until then. You all must study in the same room and you may not leave after curfew. Good luck, and have fun studying.”