Chapter 6

Dani’s POV:

We had finally reached Mr. Monroe’s room.

“Is he in there?” Jane asked me, setting a hand on my shoulder as I looked inside of the room.

“No… I don’t think so.” Megan stated, peering over me. I slowly turned the door knob handle, trying to be as quiet as possible. I finally was able to get the door open without making too much noise.

Mr. Monroe was the counselor. He also held all up coming events in the academy’s years, and the student’s files. All we had to do was find Jane’s, Megan’s, and my folder, read it really quick, and get out of his office as soon as we could.

“Where does he keep the files?” Jane questioned, she wasn’t the brightest person.

“Behind his desk,” Megan said. We started creeping along the floor, trying to make sure the old floors wouldn’t creek.

“Jane, stay at the door and tell us if anyone is coming.” I whispered. Jane nodded her head and walked back to the door, slowly peering her head above the wood door, so she could see out the small window.

“This one,” I said, opening the squeaky drawer. I started looking through the names. A, B, C, D, E, F and so on. Finally I came to the ‘L’s’. Leena. That was my last name, so it was the first place to start. Then I went to the ‘R’s’. Ryan, which was Megan’s last name. I had two folders, only one more to find.

Finally I got to the ‘T’s’. Travis, which was Jane’s last name.

“Someone’s coming!” Jane whispered and ran over to us.

“Quick! Into the back room!” I whispered and pulled the girls and the folders into the large back room. I turned around too see what was in the back room. It was the weight lifting/ boxing room. I started hearing the slamming of fists into a punching bag. I turned even further, and the punching stopped. Dark, brown eyes were staring. Right at me.