Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

The ritual of Matt picking me up and taking me to school had been continuing for weeks now as was the one of him escorting me home in the evenings. I was so happy with him… he was so happy… we were so happy… nothing could change that… or so we thought…

***

MITCH

I knew if I didn’t do this now I would never do it… I picked up my phone and typed the message.

I’m sorry I hurt you but we need to talk. I meant what I said… I LOVE YOU <3

I hesitated over the send button and then made up my mind. I pressed it.

***

♥   SUMMER   ♥

As we were sitting there on the couch just being together… when my phone buzzed in my pocket, I pulled it out and looked at who it was from. Mitch.

“Who is it? Is it a secret admirer?” Matt asked teasing me “Is it May saying she over reacted and she is sorry?”

I couldn’t tell him, things were going so good and this could rip it all to shreds.

“I-it-its” I stuttered

Searching for the answers of my sudden shyness he took the phone from my hands “Mitch” he whispered as if he couldn’t even comprehend it. “I didn’t know you guys were talking again,” he finally managed to say after a while.

“We haven’t been, this is the first I have heard of him in over a month,”

“What  does it say?”

“I don’t know I haven’t opened it,”

“Are you going to?”

“I don’t really care about what he has to say…” It’s too little to late I silently completed the thought.

“Well I do,” he said taking the phone from my grasp once again. He pressed the open button

His face said it all I didn’t even need to read it to know it was bad. It was just a matter of how bad it was.

***

♫   MATT   ♫

I think I went into shock as I read the words over and over again.

- I love you-

Even knowing that Summer probably didn’t feel the same I couldn’t believe him. Summer was finally happy… with me. I guess he couldn’t accept that.

As we sat there looking at each other looking at one another it was the only time as long as I had known Summer that I couldn’t read her.

The look on her face was scaring me… did she love him to?

Authors Note: I am so sorry for the lengthy delay on this chapter. A lot has happened in my personal life and I couldn’t get this chapter quite right. Please let me know your thoughts and feelings on this chapter. As always please remember to VOTE and COMMENT (: