Chapter 13

Dei was outside Naota's doorstep, smoking a cigarette Mamimi gave her. Wondering why it's taking him so long to get back. Him & Ninamori had left to get a few things from the store. She's trying her hardest to not get as jealous like Haruko... She imagined Naota talking to her the way he talked to Haruko and it made her heart hurt a little. The more she thought about it, she didnt even realize that her cigarrette was gone. She sucked her teeth and flicked the cigarette bud. She made a big sigh as she stared into space. Mamimi peeked out the front door and saw Dei sitting like she lost her puppy. She sat down next to her & lit her cigarette. It was quiet between them for a moment.
"....You love him don't you..." Dei snapped out of it once she heard Mamimi question.
  "Uh...um...what makes you think all that..?" Mamimi blew out the cancerous puff of smoke.
"Right now...at this very moment...you're reminding me of myself. Waiting here....for Takkun to arrive at any moment. Wondering if he's thinking of you while he's away. Wondering if he's on his way back. Wondering if he misses you...." Mamimi was now the one staring into space as Dei stared at her. At that moment she remembered that the fight for Naota's heart isn't exactly over. She knows Mamimi has a nice comfy spot in his heart that she hasn't even reached yet. The fact that she's still new to the scene is a hard reality pill to swallow.   "He expects this from me though..." Mamimi continued. "..Not you. So cheer up, go do something to keep yourself busy." Dei made a deep sigh as she stood up and ran her fingers through her hair.
  "...What about you? What're you about to do...?"
"What I do best.....wait for Takkun..." Mamimi answered faintly. Dei then walked inside with mixed emotions for Mamimi. Not sure whether to see her as a threat or not but also refuses to feel content with her being around Naota. She doesn't like the whole sister wife feel she's getting and wants to put an end to it. Finding out how is the issue.