Chapter 15

Naota couldn't sleep at all...he had too much on his mind. That whole moment when Atomsk came to get Haruko kept replaying in his head. The fact that he basically took Dei from Haruko forgetting that he had somewhat of a relationship with Mamimi before they even visited. His thought process came to a stop when he heard his front door open.

Dei's attempt to be as quiet as a mouse failed miserably. She put her knapsack on the kitchen counter and before she could turn on the light, Naota was standing right in front of her. She nearly died when she saw him and tried to catch her breath.
"Oh my gosh, Naota....you scared the fuck outta me." He chuckled & turned on the kitchen light.
  "Where'd you go?"
"I went to go find some herb. Literally took me forever to find. This town so paranoid when they see new people."
  "Well last time that happened, Haru came & left with a bang." He said with a faint smile and Dei noticed it.
"....You miss her already don't you..?"
  "What? How does me saying that make me miss her??" Naota asked firmly, avoiding the question. He was still too angry with Haruko to admit it.
"Iono..just asking." Dei watched Naota get a glass from the cabinet with a question just sitting in her head. "So......did Mamimi go home?" She asked hesitantly. Naota paused in his tracks right before he poured himself some water.
  ".....No. She's still here."
"Why...? Why doesn't she go home??"
  "Because she wanted to sleep over--"
"So the fuck what! When will she get the hint that you're done with her!?" She asked in an angry tone & waited for his answer. Naota took his time gulping down his glass of water and then looked at her with a slight annoyed expression.
  "Because I'm not done...with her." His answer felt like a frozen dart piercing her heart. At that moment, Naota knew she didn't have much to say and figured she didn't want to talk about it anymore.  "Ninamori is staying the night also. And don't ask me why either. From this point forward, whoever I want staying the night is because I want them to. That asking why and "why is she here" shit is annoying. The only person I feel obligated to answer that to is Mamimi." He said all while rinsing and putting the glass cup away. Dei was literally speechless hurt at the same time. She couldn't believe he spoke to her like that. Dry, cold and nonchalant. "Goodnight..." He mumbled as he walked passed her & straight to upstairs.

  At that moment, Dei didn't know what to feel or how. For the first time, since she's been at Naota's, she wasn't considered someone special or important. For the first time, she felt like she was losing a race she may not ever win.