Chapter 5: Furious Nightmares

Welp, I'm awake now. "Dammit Phoenix.", I whisper to myself. Well at least she woke me from my nightmare. I'm actually sweating. I can't even think straight. Might as well get up and go find Phoenix.

I get up looking around the place. I open the door and walk through the halls. I hear people down below but I don't know where to go. "Fuck" I mutter to myself. Where is everyone? Where's Phoenix? I can smell food comming from somewhere and my stomach rumbles.

"Phoenix?" I whisper looking around for her. I follow a stairway and I hear people and the smell of food grows stronger. I wish I went with her.

Finally, I find a room full of tired people eating what looks like soup. I look around for Phoenix but I can't find her. "Dammit" I whisper to myself. "Would you like some soup?" Furiosa asks standing behind me holding a bowl. I turn around and nod and grab the bowl drinking from it.

"What are you doing up so late?" Furiosa asks kindly, noticing I'm very tired. I don't sleep much. I can't really. "Phoenix woke me." I mumble to her. I continue drinking the soup as my stomach growls. "You seem really tired huh?" She asks. "Mmhm. I don't sleep much" I say quietly. "Well you look like you haven't slept in days. Are you feeling alright?" Furiosa asks, concern in her voice.

"I- I'm alright" I say somewhat nervously. Why am I even nervous. I look at her studying her features. She's very beautiful. She's not like other girls. I can tell she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. Well hand. I notice she only has one real hand.

"Do you know where Phoenix is?" I ask tiredly. "She went to give soup to Max." Furiosa says softly. She gave me the directions on where to find her and Max. I follow them and find Phoenix sitting in a chair and Max working on a nice car. "I'm awake now, happy?", I say sarcastically and obviously irritated and exaughsted.

Phoenix just gives me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry I woke you, I didn't want to come out alone." She says calmly. Feeling bad "Ah it's alright, don't fret over it." I say tiredly, irritation in my voice. Max looks up at us, realizing I'm in the room now. "I'm gonna go now. Goodnight." I say quietly. I leave the room and back to Furiosa. "Thank you for the soup." I say softly, feelimg bad for not thanking. Man, I can be rude sometimes. I don't mean to. A small smile appears on her lips, making me smile a little. "You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it. You looked pretty hungry." She says happily.

She has a wonderful smile. I love her smile. I nod, letting her know that she was correct. I hand her the empty bowl. "I'm not sure where to put this..." I say slightly embarrassed. I really don't know where anything is in this place. "It's alright. I'll take it for you." She says, smiling softly.

I thank her and say goodnight and go back to my room. I plop myself onto the bed. Death, blood, heat, and sadness haunts me. A from my past. I lost everyone to this shit world. I cover myself with the blanket and get lost in my dark thoughts. Mumbling to myself as I try to sleep.