11.0

Chapter 11.

Scene 1.

[Living Room, The Royal Palace, 6:15pm, Back.]

(Anne is sitting in the living room with her head in her hands when Emma enters holding her backpack)

Emma: "Mother?"

Anne: (looks up, gasps) "Emma?"(gets up, frantic) "Where were you? We were looking for you everywhere! Where did you go?"

Emma: "Mother, I-"

Anne: "And what have you done to your hair, Emma? Why is it blue at the roots and why are you wearing black nail polish-"

Emma: (snaps) "Louis did it for me and I happen to like it very much."

Anne: "Ofcourse."(shakes her head in disappointment) "How could you be so irresponsible, Emma? How? Did you not once think how worried we would be?" (Emma opens her mouth to speak but Anne doesn't let her) "Who planted this idea in your pretty little head, huh? Dr. Tomlinson? It's good that he went away, now."

Emma: (gasps, loud) "Mother, Louis is the only reason why I came back here!"

Anne: (stills) "What?"

Emma: "Yes, mum. The idea of running away was mine. I was planning it for a year but Louis always told me that running away is never a good option. That running away is for cowards and we are royals, we are not afraid of anything."(Anne blinks in shock) "Today, when I was sitting in the train, I thought about what he said and decided to come back. I still want to do acting, mother, but with your and papa's consent."

Anne: (stares at her, blinks back her tears, after a minute) "Go to your room, Emma. Dinner will be served at seven."(slumps down on the couch, rubs her forehead) "I need an advil for this headache."

Scene 2.

Two Days Later.

[Living Room, The Royal Palace, Wales, 12:54 pm, Attention.]

(Harry and Anne are sitting in the living room discussing about the wedding preparations)

Anne: "Lillies or roses? I personally feel like pink and white roses would be nice."

Harry: (not paying attention, checking his emails) "Yeah, okay. Final the roses then."

Anne: "I feel like you're not interested at all in your wedding preparations, Harry. You don't pay attention to me or Taylor."(huffs) "Is there any problem?"

Harry: (rolls his eyes) "No, mother. It's just that I'm least interested in discussing about the colours of invitations and table cloths. This all useless, anyways. Nobody cares."(Anne opens her mouth to protest) "And I have more important work to do."

Anne: (after a minute) "Will you work this much after your marriage too?"

Harry: (nods) "Ofcourse, mother. Work is more important."

Anne: "You didn't work this much when Louis was here."

Harry: (breath hitches) "I did."

Anne: "No, you didn't."(Harry doesn't look up from his laptop screen) "You don't talk to us, Harry. You go to work early in the morning and come back late. Why don't you have dinner with us nowadays?"

Harry: (tries not to show his sadness) "I'm really busy these days."

Anne: (soft) "Is there something you're not telling us, Harry?"(Harry shakes his head slightly) "Okay, then. I'll meet you in the evening."(gets up and leaves the room)