Drunken first

"There's some alcohol in the lobby downstairs, I think that's where Joseph went down to. I figured you'd want to know. You two can go drink together."

"Thanks Kidman. If you don't mind, once you're done can you refill the tub and put all of our clothes in there to soak? Trying to get some of the blood out."

"Right." Kidman stared at him. "Did you say anything to Joseph. When he came out he seemed kinda flustered, he ran out as soon as he could."

"No. We just talked and washed ourselves off."

"Well... You better take good care of him Seb. He's your partner... I'm just the newbie." Kidman went into the bathroom and shut the door, leaving Sebastian alone. Sebastian shook his head and left the room, looking for the safest way down to the lobby. He saw Joseph sitting down there, a shot glass in his hand.

"Joseph." Sebastian walked over to him.

"Sebastian... You want a drink?"

"Yeah sure." Sebastian grabbed a drink off the table. "Listen Jo-"

"I know what you're going to say. And don't worry. What just happened, never happened."

"That's not what I was going to say." Sebastian sat down across from Joseph. "I was going to say you were right. If anything was... Going to happen this hell hole is not the place for it. I just don't know how serious you were."

"I'm not sure either. Could've just been a heat of the moment thing... I'm not going to look too far into that." Joseph leaned back and crossed his legs, adjusting his towel.

"Yeah... I suppose that's all we can do..." Sebastian took a sip of his drink and smiled. "Don't look too deep in..."

~~~~

A few drinks later, for both of them, and they were both drunken messes on the floor. "Is this why you like to get drunk? Nothing seems bad anymore." Joseph swirled his bottle around and grinned. "You still sober enough to listen?"

"Well, I'm a bit tougher than you Jo. I can take a few more.... Drinks." Sebastian finished off his next bottle and smiled. He set it in the pile. "Should we save a drink for Kidman?"

"Nah. One of us has to be sober just in case something happens. I'm not a good aim as it is. Being drunk. I probably couldn't do much more."

"You're good with n' axe though." Sebastian picked up another drink and began chugging it down. "God, I haven't been this drunk since we got to this stupid place."

"Sebastian you need to stop being drunk. Here and home."

"Ah but it's nice having you over and peeling me off the ground."

"Yeah yeah. I'm so sure...." Joseph took another drink and coughed. "God. Strong. Want a sip?" Sebastian nodded and took the bottle and sniffed at it before drinking a bit.

"Wow. That is strong. Even for me. Jo, drink something else if you aren't used to this." Sebastian set the bottle to the side and looked at Joseph. "Jo?" Sebastian leaned over at him. "You okay?"

"Sebastian." Joseph looked at him. "I think... Maybe I am serious about what happened. But I'm also... Drunk." He rubbed his eyes. "And kinda tired but... What happened... You asked how serious I am and I think... I'm pretty serious."

"Joseph don't over think-"

"Sebastian." Joseph turned and sat up on his knees. "Listen to me." Sebastian closed his mouth and looked Joseph up and down. "If you were... Serious too, don't you think that's more of a reason we should get out together."