A run in with death and a quickie

Sebastian watched Joseph scribbling things on his notepad, mostly notes on things he saw around him that seemed important. Sebastian took it from his hands and looked at it. "Hey."

"Your handwritings so neat."

"Give that back Sebastian." Joseph reached in the air for it and Sebastian held it higher. Being even a few inches taller than him made it easy to literally hold things above his head. "Seb."

"Yes Jo?" Sebastian looked at the notepad. "Why do you have a picture of me in here? I'm flattered but curious." Joseph reached even higher, standing on his toes a bit.

"Stop playing around. Give it back." Sebastian shrugged and leaned down. "What?"

"You're cute when you're flustered." Joseph blushed and shook his head.

"You can't wait even an hour after I found out what happened last night to start flirting with me?"

"Yeah. I thought you wouldn't mind." Sebastian closed the notepad and handed it to him. "Here."

"Thank you." Joseph put it away and Sebastian looked around.

"So where are we now?"

"I'm not sure. I think we're in the city, but I've lost sight of the beacon." Joseph pushed his glasses up and looked around. "We've been traveling now for so long towards this beacon... We're not going to get there. Ruvik's going to stop us isn't he?" Sebastian ruffled Joseph's hair and chuckled.

"Yeah. But you're smart, you'll figure out a way around him. He seemed kinda shocked that you shot him, maybe nobody yet has done that."

"That was because I know what happens when I get those stupid migraines... I didn't want to hurt you at that point."

"Well. Thanks I suppose." Sebastian sighed and began walking again, taking Joseph's hand to take him along. "Stay close though, those things will pop out at anytime ya know?" Joseph nodded and kept looking around as they walked.

"Sebastian let go of my hand."

"Why?"

"What if Kidman..."

"She already knows."

"What? When did you have time...?" Sebastian turned to Joseph and pulled his shirt down a little to expose the hickey that was left on his chest.

"You're a little rough when you get excited. Of course she noticed." He covered himself back up and smiled. "I don't mind though. Who cares if she knows? I don't." Joseph shrugged.

"I guess I was the only person who didn't know then. You, Kidman, even Ruvik knew." Joseph shook his head. "Thanks a lot partner."

"Ruvik's a piece of shit who spys on people for his own sick fantasy's." Sebastian rolled his eyes and shrugged.  "Why do you think he hasn't killed us yet? He's toying with us Joseph. But it's okay. Just as long as we don't get separated."

"You're right. Let's just keep-" Joseph was cut off by Ruvik appearing behind him and grabbing his head. "Sebas-" Ruvik pulled Joseph away from Sebastian and tossed him to the side.

"Sebastian." Sebastian took his gun out and aimed it at Ruvik. "Don't bother. Those don't hurt me."

"I'm going to get out. You asked who I'd take... You saw my choice... I'm taking Joseph with me. You can't stop me."

"And you can't stop me either Sebastian." Ruvik stepped closer to Sebastian, making him take a few steps back before he bumped into a car. "If anything, you should be congratulated for making it this far. But it's not over. And your plan to get to the beacon, it'll never work. I will keep you from escaping. You're nothing but an experiment now." Ruvik grabbed Sebastian's neck and tightened his grip. "Even if I have to kill you, you won't escape me."