Escaped -ending-

"Joseph... Joseph..." Joseph opened his eyes and groaned. "Oh thank god." Joseph looked up at Sebastian.

"Seb?"

"It's me Joseph." Joseph looked around and sat up. He was wearing a hospital gown and had his head wrapped up."You're in the hospital... Well. Not the same one but you're in one. I escaped... I got you as soon as I could."

"Escaped?"

"From that hellish place... Away from Ruvik."

"Ruvik..." Joseph thought and remembered everything that happened. "I thought all that was a dream. It really happened?"

"Of course... Well... In a way. It was sort of a dream and sort of reality. A mix of both of them."

"I can't remember what happened last."

"You don't need to. We're out Joseph. Don't think about that place anymore."

"What happened to Kidman?"

"She's working again. It's weird working just with her."

"I've been out that long?"

"A few weeks now. You fell into a small coma." Sebastian thought and nodded. "Yeah. I've been going back and forth between here and work. It's been strange working without my partner." Sebastian rubbed Joseph's hand and smiled. "What do you say? Still want to work with me?"

"Of course I do..." Joseph smiled and leaned forwards resting his head on Sebastian's chest. Sebastian wrapped his arms around Joseph and held him.

"Good... Maybe we should take a vacation together after that case though." Joseph laughed.

"Maybe a vacation is what we need...."

~~~~~

-Epilogue-

"Hey Kidman, have you noticed Joseph and Sebastian seem pretty close these days?" Kidman looked at one of the cops she was working with. Jo and Seb were taking a few days off work to take a trip somewhere. They didn't tell anybody where, but nobody questioned it. A few people noticed Sebastian seemed to be drinking less and less now as well, and stopped smelling of cigarettes so much.

"They are close."

"Before that case though, they seemed on edge with eachother... Joseph reported Sebastian for something didn't he?"

"It was just a precaution..." Kidman sipped her coffee and watched it swirl in the mug. "Why do you ask about them?"

"Well... Before they left I could've sworn I saw Sebastian... Do something to Joseph while they were leaving work."

"And what could it be that you saw?"

"I thought I saw him... Smack Joseph's ass but. I don't know. I could've been seeing things." The guy shook his head and rubbed his neck. "Nah... That couldn't happen could it? Joseph wouldn't let him get away with that."

"You don't know them like I do. If you say you saw him do it, he probably did."

"What?" Kidman smiled and stood up.

"Join me for a walk... I should tell you a few things..." Kidman walked away, the cop following her close behind.

~~~~~~~

A few miles away though, Sebastian and Joseph were at a beach, both relaxing.

Joseph was laying down on a towel, reading a book, while Sebastian was applying another fresh coat of sunscreen to himself. "Why don't you put the book down for a bit and get in the water." Sebastian grabbed Joseph's bookmark and put it between the pages he was reading. "You even got a new swimsuit."

"I didn't have one that fit." Joseph set the book down and laid on his side. "I thought you took me to the beach so I could get a bit of color."

"Yeah. And have fun." Sebastian stood up and stretched his arms. "I should get you contacts. So you can see when we do things like this together." Joseph stood up.

"Are you implying we're going to do more things like this?"

"Possibly." Sebastian covered his mouth and smiled. He looked Joseph up and down and laughed a bit. "Why don't we just head back to our room instead? You're not going to swim and you'll tan in time." Joseph knew what he was thinking and drummed his fingers on his hip.

"You wanted me to swim, so let's swim." Joseph set his glasses down and grabbed Sebastian's arm, dragging him over to the water and pushing him in. Sebastian landed on his back and glared at Joseph.

"Unfair." Sebastian sat up and grabbed Joseph's leg, tripping him and pulling him into the water. Joseph shivered at the cold water.

"This cold water reminds me of something." They locked eyes and Joseph leaned forwards as if to kiss him, Sebastian closed his eyes waiting for the kiss, but instead Joseph put his hands on Sebastian's chest and pushed him back down into the water.

"Hey!" Joseph got up and began walking deeper into the water.

"Come on and get me." Sebastian stood up and followed him deeper into the water, Joseph kept going back until he could barely touch the bottom without having his shoulders go below the water. "Alright I'm far enough in." Sebastian smiled and picked Joseph up bridal style. "Whoa what are you doing?"

"Having fun with my boyfriend." Joseph blushed.

"Don't call me that."

"Why not? Does it embarrass you?"

"In public it does." Sebastian looked at the beach, nobody was looking at them and nobody was paying any attention. Sebastian smiled and kissed Joseph's neck, making him blush more. "Quit it. Not out here."

"If anyone says anything I'll punch them in the throat."

"Don't do that." Sebastian shrugged and kissed Joseph's neck again.

"Maybe I won't. Maybe I will. Depends if you can convince me otherwise."

"Sebastian. Not in public. If you really want, we can go back to the room." Sebastian set Joseph down and smiled.

"Good. Let's go..." Sebastian began to walk out of the water and he looked around at everyone. Someone caught his attention though, a boy with white hair running around on the beach. Sebastian stopped at stared at him, then looked at Joseph. "Do you see that guy?"

"Which one?" Joseph squinted and looked over. "I'm not wearing my glasses, I can't see."

"That one." Sebastian looked back over. "The one with..." He stopped, the boy was gone. "Never mind. I must be seeing things...."

"After that case, I'm surprised nobody else is... It's okay though, whatever it was is gone. Let's just... Go back to the room."

"Right...."

-End-