Work

Cas P.O.V

Way before I even got into college my mother told me I had to get a part time job in order to help pay for it. So I had applied to every local place I could. Luckily a coffee shop was willing to give me a job as a barista. I worked Monday to Friday from 4 PM to 9 PM, which was perfect since I had my classes end at 3:30 PM. When Monday had arrived I didn't know I would have so much homework to do but I ended up finishing half of it and rushed off to the coffee shop. When I got there I slipped on a black apron over my buttoned shirt and ruffled my jet black hair...time to work.

After serving about a dozen people it was 6:30 and I finally got to catch my breath. Suddenly the front doors bell rang and it made me sigh heavier than ever. When I looked at them it made me regret that sigh and had it replaced with tons of butterflies in my stomach. It was the familiar hazel eyed boy. "Barista! I need some coffee. A good one though..what do you recommend?" He asked me with enthusiasm. "Ah" I sighed and scratched the back of my head. "Well..do you like cookies at all?" I asked the blonde boy. "Well I don't hate them" He replied bluntly. "Mm..Well you could have the new chocolate chip cookie latte..or if you like gingerbread we have a gingerbread infused latte" I spoke as he gazed into my eyes. There was so much curiosity in his eyes, even though it made me blush every time he looked at me.

"I'll take the gingerbread one" He raised his voice and winked at the end of his answer. "Okay then" I proceeded and poured some milk into a coffee cup and took it to the steamer machine. "So...we're cool right?" Dean asked as I let the milk heat up. I guess the space got too awkward for him to handle. "Y-yeah I think we're...cool" I say as i take the cup away and go to the syrup station and pumped some gingerbread syrup in the cup. "Goo..Uh good" He cleared his throat. I took out a small coffee straw and mixed the drink and topped a lid on it. Making sure he wouldn't get burned I added a little cardboard sleeve on the cup and passed it to him. "What do I owe you?" He questioned. I fainted in my mind. All I wanted was more time with him. A few dates maybe, but instead I returned his question with "3 Dollars please". We exchanged money and receipts but once he left the store I got a bit more lonely.

Once I finished my shift I slid off my apron and left the shop. I walked through the newly rained on campus and my shoe luckily landed right into a puddle. Minutes later I got to my dorm room, and the door was wide open. I heard spraying noises and then walked right into a faint paint smell. I looked at Dean crouched down spray painting the wall with graffiti marks and when I looked at the center of the wall I saw two faces that looked familiar. The wall had a purple galaxy as the background, our faces outlined in the center, and he was tagging his name in the bottom right corner. He had moved his bed, desk, and dresser all to my side and I'm guessing he did this without thinking too. "Is that my face next to...yours?" I inquired. Dean jumped as he heard my voice. "Jesus, I thought you were still going to be at work...but um..yes..it's...it's us" He explained and took off the dust mask that was on his face. "Nice" I muttered and took off my shoes.

"So you're a spray..painter?" I asked and sat down on the floor. "Uh yeah, I started it when I was roughly eight and I guess it just became a thing" He informed me. "And how come you didn't do any bullying pranks with spray paint?" I chuckled, vividly remembering all his cruel pranks. I saw his face freeze and go pale instantly. "I don't know" Dean muttered and went back to tagging his name. I shrugged it off and sat at my desk, "Well maybe you should've used your powers for good. Put all that negative energy to this. We could've had a chance" I sighed, clearly playing with him. "A chance? You and me? Cas, I don't know about you but we never had anything...ever" Dean answered me with a frightful tone. "Dean we kissed" I turned around and yelled. What was he aiming at? Didn't he want to be with me?

"Kisses don't mean much these days" He mumbled and looked straight at me with his glowing daggers that kept bringing my happiness lower and lower. "You're kidding right?" I frowned. I cannot believe this guy. "I'm...not kidding. I like girls Cas. Please accept that" He pleaded. My face went red. "F-fine" I snarled.