Chapter ιγ

Human Realm: Blood-Wolf Pack

Hercules watched with growing concern the way Gabriel paced around as they waited for Lord Morpheus to return from his errand. The fact Gabriel had already worn a pretty deep path into the stiff earth just showed how restless he was becoming the longer they had to wait. Just because he himself was calm on the outside didn't mean he was actually calm. In fact he was far from it. But he knew showing his own impatience wouldn't help matters. It would only add more stress to the already strained tension between everybody. He knew from experience that time in the Realm of the Gods flowed differently than in the Human Realm, he just hoped Lord Morpheus didn't run into some unexpected trouble. He had the gut feeling that Lord Morpheus was going to be in more trouble than he initially had bargained for.

Realm of nightmares

Lord Icelus watched in silence with a raised eyebrow as his brother seemed perplexed by his answer. That made him question the reason his brother was interested in this person called Nathaniel. "Why is it important to you to know if this Nathaniel is on my nightmare list?" The question seemed to snap his brother from his brooding. . Lord Morpheus shifted a little in his stance, going from a relaxed one to a more protective one. "I don't think that's any of your business brother." He snapped crossing his arms defensively. Lord Icelus just grinned and closed in on Lord Morpheus. He loves messing with his brother. "I am now pretty interested as to why you would be so defensive of one mere mortal." Damn you Icelus! Lord Morpheus thought as he exploded in anger, you how to push my buttons and it has nothing to do with you being the God of Nightmares. "The mere mortal you are talking about is just a little kid and he was nowhere near a place where your nightmare fruits grow. And yet, he has signs of having eaten your nightmare fruits since there is a purple blush on his cheeks and he won't wake up no matter what they try."  

Lord Icelus stopped a few feet in front of Lord Morpheus with his hands on his hips. "You know as well as I do that my fruits don't grow in the human world." That is true the fruits grow close to the place Lord Morpheus Oneiroi sleep. "I know that!" Lord Morpheus exclaimed "That is way I came all the way here to ask you how it is possible for the child to exhibit the signs of eating you fruit when he had absolutely no access to it." Lord Icelus snapped his fingers and a map of the world appeared, "Where did this happen?" He looked back to Lord Morpheus who is glad that his brother is now serious about this. "On Blood-Wolf territory." A few minutes later the map was replaced with a worried looking Hercules fussing over a limp body with purple blush on its cheeks. "Hmmm" Lord Morpheus looked expectant at his brother but more than that didn't follow. "What hmm?" Lord Morpheus followed his brother as he turned away from the scene and started doing other things. "What does that mean Icelus? Don't you walk away from me!" He reached out and grabbed his siblings shoulder and turned him back to face him. "I know you know something and you are not sharing!" Lord Morpheus' anger drained a little as the big bad Lord Icelus refused to meet his gaze. "What did you do Icelus?"

Lord Morpheus' anger spiked when his brother peeked at him from his corner of his eye. He blew out a long breath, "Tell me Icelus; what did you do?" Lord Icelus still refused to look at him, confirming that he had something to do with the current situation in the human realm. Lord Icelus fiddled some more with the papers on his desk before mumbling an answer. It is as Lord Morpheus feared; Lord Icelus somehow managed to slip his nightmare fruits into the human realm who prepared it and it somehow ended up on Nate's plate. The amount of nightmare fruit ingested put the poor innocent boy in a state like one of those who sleepwalk; the body functions normally while the mind is elsewhere. Lord Morpheus couldn't help but think that the nightmare fruit was meant for someone else and was given to Nate by mistake. The only others around him that day were Hercules and Gabriel, so which of the two was the intended target? Lord Morpheus bet was Gabriel, since the whole Pack was a suspect since Gabriel never hid his displeasure at being forced to take the Alpha position.